42.

(Picture of Zacson Gray)

A/N: Isn't it crazy how it's June so soon? I still feel like 2019 barely started when in truth, half the year has already passed by.

We. Hit. 20K!!!! 🎉
• • •

"You know you didn't have to come with me." I tell Zac as we sit in the waiting room of Dr. Mike's clinic. A week passed by and it's time for my post-surgery check up today.

Zac looks at me frustrated, rolling his eyes. "I know that. And stop making it sound like I'm doing this because I'm obligated to. I want to. That's that." He rubs my upper arm up and down soothingly.

I shut up afterwards, not wanting to argue. He has been finding it annoying that I keep bringing it up. But I couldn't help it. He has been taking care of me crazily attentive. Even little things like making me warm towels, changing bandages for my knees which are starting to heal better, cooking almost every single of my meals. It almost feels like he thinks he has to do all these for me to make up for something that wasn't really his fault.

"But you skipped your class to come with me. That's not right." I reprimand him.

"It's one class, baby. You skip days every month. I think I'm entitled to one." He smirks.

After waiting for thirty minutes, the nurse finally comes by to inform us it's my turn. Don't people ever find it ridiculous? That you come on time for an appointment, only to have to wait again anyway.

"Hi, Ms. Owens." Dr. Mike greets me when we enter his consultation room. He then glances to Zac and puts out a hand towards him. "I assume you're Ms. Owens' partner. I'm Dr. Mike."

"Zacson." They shake hands.

"Great. It's good to see you here with her. We always encourage loving support." He clears his throat. "Alright, Ms. Owens. How have you been feeling? Anymore bleeding, aching or any other symptoms happening?"

"No. All's good. The bleeding stopped in three days or so. No cramps." I answer.

"Okay. And we have your test results here for your uterine."

"Uterine?" Zac interrupts.

"Oh. Yes, Ms. Owens brought up her concerns of frequent miscarriages. Twice isn't all that uncommon, but she needed assurance. So we went ahead and took some samples for testing. Your results look perfectly normal, Ms. Owens. There seems to be no abnormalities in your uterus. Your blood tests and genetic tests came back normal as well."

"So what does that mean?" Zac asks, even more anxious than I am. I place my hand on his thigh, calming him this time.

"That means it doesn't seems that her miscarriages were caused by known factors. From what I know, her first would most likely be from the blunt trauma she received to her stomach. The recent one could really just be chromosomal abnormalities, which is very common. There's no need to be worried about her fertility. Although I'd suggest since she's on birth control now, it'll probably be good for her and her body to take a break. We do not want to cause any damage to the womb and uterus as it recovers." Dr. Mike explains.

Zac nods, while I vacantly stare at a random corner of the room. This should be good news, right? Zac tucks a piece of loose tendril behind my ears when he notices my reaction.

"It's fine, you're fine. That's all that matters, okay?"

We left the clinic later after he insists on paying the bills on my behalf. I tried to fight that but he wasn't anywhere close to relenting.