12.

A/N: (I made the effort to edit the eye & hair colour, hahaha)
• • •

"That dude is so staring at you," Cass whispers into my ear.

I turn to check who she's talking about as discreetly as possible, but my eyes catch another pair staring right back at me.

"Nope, I'm not keen." I wave her off, taking a puff from my cigarette.

"Dammit! This one's actually cute!" She huffs, shaking her head with longing eyes for the extra effect.

"Keep him for yourself." I say dryly, Cass shooting me an odd look.

"One," she puts up her index finger, "he clearly wasn't eye-fucking me. Two," her middle finger raised up, "This is an experiment."

"An experiment?" I repeat after her.

"Mmhmm," she nods, contented. "For some reason, I noticed you get very distant with the male population; outside of parties, that is. And I'm trying to figure out why." Her dark brown orbs watch me in an intense gaze.

"So much for the psychology major, Cassandra." I roll my eyes when she winces at the usage of her full name. I haven't called her name in full ever since she told me to call her Cass.

"Stop psycho-analyzing me." I grumble and her lips twitch, tugging slightly at the corners. "I don't date."

Her face remains dazed for a second, before her smile drops. "Wait, you don't what?"

"Exactly that. I don't date, that's the reason I don't see the need to get close to anyone of the opposite gender."

"Are you for real? Like you're straight as hell, right? And I did hear about you and Justin Rickson making out. What do you even mean?" Cass looks genuinely confused. If my eyes work like X-rays, I'm sure I'll be able to see the gears twisting inside her head.

"I'll tell you after we finish this dumb showcase." I gesture to our surroundings, where the huge stadium ahead of us is filled with mixtures of soccer players, runners, cheerleaders and members of the military band.

She reluctantly agrees, although I can see the burning curiousity in her eyes.

It's the final day of orientation week in EVU, and today all classes are cancelled since the freshmen are invited to the co-curricular fair. By the university's rule, each student is required to take up something in relation to sports —either a fifth course or partake in an activity that focuses on physical fitness. Hence the idea of allowing every club in campus to showcase their abilities; in an effort to recruit new members.

Without a doubt, the sport teams draw the most attraction seeing as most of the students here applied to the sports-focused school for the sport they are keen in. On the other side of the huge campus ground are the basketballers, volleyball players, gymnasts and martial artists sharing the multi-purpose hall for their booths.

Most of the students are gathered at the stadium or hall, with only a handful lurking at random booths that are scattered around foyers. I had planned to take the extra course instead, but Drew texted me last night to persuade me to support him for his showcase, thus here I am.

"You sure about this? Most people would join something, y'know. You've seen how small the P.E classes are." Cass tries to convince me for the third time.

"I know. But I'm not into sports. And I'm not committing into anything that I don't have an interest in. Besides, you're gonna share the class with me this semester. It won't be so bad!" I reply as we take a seat at the bleachers, sounding more like I'm reassuring myself of the decision to add an additional class when my academics already suck with four courses.