30.

A/n: Just a FYI that I only watermark the pictures which I edit hair/eye colour in.

I'm unhappy. Life sucks.
• • •

One night, Cass and I are sprawled out on the couch watching Step Up All In on the TV when the guys return home. They immediately stopped talking once they notice our presence and that only erupted my curiousity.

I glance down to see all of their knuckles red, particularly Wayne's. His is bleeding slightly. But considering he's a boxer, I wouldn't have questioned him until I see a large gash on his cheek. He never comes home with scars like that—especially not on the face.

"What's wrong?" I jump up on my feet.

The four of them exchange secret glances before Drew speaks up. "Nothing much. We got into a scuffle."

"With who? Where?" I pry. I don't see them as someone who gets into fist fights.

"Don't ask." Wayne tries to side step away from me but I grab ahold of his arm to stop him.

"Tell me, or I will find out eitherway."

"None of your business, Kel." He brushes me off.

I stay still, not letting go of his arm. "I thought we're family." I lower my gaze and pout, forcing some tears to cloud my vision in an instant. Man, I can sure as hell act with how quick I can summon them.

"Christ, stop that." My brother rolls his eyes, not fazed. "Fine. Sit down for this one." He gestures to the couch and we all take our seats.

"So?" I ask impatiently. Zac dare not even meet my eyes from where he's seated.

"Well. I got into a fight."

"That part is obvious."

"Let me finish." He grumbles. "We went to the club. The same one you girls went to at Warrenton." I furrow my brows, but didn't stop him. "And I happened to see your jerk of an ex-boyfriend."

I know damn well who he's referring to. But then, it dawned on me. It's impossible he knows how Javier even looks like. Besides, he's two hours away at Bristol. Why on earth would he appear at the club?

"That can't be right." I counter.

Carson then whips out his phone and pulls up a photo to show me. I gasp, seeing Wayne straddling him while his fist is raised mid-air.

"Why would you take a photo as it happen?" Cass questions Carson, who shrugs in response. That guy has his phone in his hands nearly 24/7 and it wouldn't be a surprise that his first reaction to most things is to pull up the camera app.

"Why did you do that?" My voice soft as a whisper this time. I can't tear my eyes away from his bruised up side-profile in the photo. He once gave me the same one under my eye.

"Why shouldn't I?" Wayne retort, looking smug. "That fucker deserved it."

Carson takes his phone back from my hands and leans back, not adding a word to the conversation. Everybody sits in silence, letting the awkwardness seep in. I fidget in my seat, not knowing how to absorb this information.

"To be frank, it wasn't a coincidence." Drew speaks up, much to my surprise. "We planned it."

"H-how?"

"Did you forget we go to the same high school, sis? It isn't as hard as you think to make a few phone calls with his name. Javier Patterson, once in Hillgrove High's basketball team, jersey number 11. You underestimate me, Kel." Wayne smirks at me despite small drops of blood evident on his face.