25.

(Picture of Carson Gray)
• • •

His phone is ringing.

"Zac, your phone's ringing." I shout from his bedroom, hoping he can hear me in his ensuite. He's taking a bath and has been in there for twenty minutes or so, probably watching a football game in the TV inside. Right. Rich people really hangs TV in their bathrooms.

"Then get it for me." He faintly shouts back. I look down at his iPhone and notice the caller ID. Bex, again. There's even her selfie saved as contact photo now and it makes me feel sour seeing how gorgeous she is. She's the mature, slim and tall lady while I am the exact opposite of her. Most days I still refer to myself as a 'girl'.

No. I'm absolutely not taking that.

I let it continue to ring, although I did press on the volume button to cease the vibration. She continues calling two more times before leaving a text. I decide that I'm not going to be nosey and look into things that will possibly make me upset. Then again, what can be so urgent for her?

Technically, I haven't actually asked Zac if he has plans for the day. Oh shit. What if he was supposed to meet her but I held him back instead? But then again, if he really had somewhere to go, he wouldn't be taking such a long bath now, would he?

Recently, Zac has also been leaving his phone around me a lot, not that I notice it too often. Never once have I tried to peek into his phone even while he's using it. Knowing from past experiences, when you try to find something, you always ends up finding something. I might as well don't. Besides, we're not even dating. What am I going to do if I were to really find something in his phone? Nothing, other than feeling like shit.

———

One Saturday night, the girls and I are all bored to death. Normally I'll suggest playing video games, but the girls aren't at all into CS:GO as much as I am, nor do they want to stay in anymore seeing as that's what we've been doing for most weekends. Ally rarely gets weekend offs too, so we've decided to use this chance and do things we haven't done together.

"Shopping?" Cass suggests. Both of us quirk a brow at her.

"You're kidding me." Although we've never exactly been to the mall together as trios, but the amount of online shopping we do with our phones on Tuesdays is more than enough to buy all that we need.

"Bungee jumping?" Ally suggests. Both of us shake our heads. I have a slight fear of adventurous things and more importantly, I'm not exactly an outdoor-sy person. Neither is Cass. Which explains why we're the only two who actually takes P.E lessons instead of taking up an actual sport.

"Fine. You suggest something, Owens."

I rack my head to think of ideas. We clearly haven't done a lot of things together, although most of the list we probably wouldn't even attempt to. I mean, who even goes paintballing or laser-tagging anymore? Not that I'm even keen. I considered going to the cinema but there isn't anything nice showing.

"Shall we go clubbing?" I perk up. Sure, we've been to house parties but that's completely different from the real clubbing experience. Having a real dancefloor, real DJs and a real bar will make everything more fun and exciting.

"For real? I mean, I'm okay. I haven't been to a club in ages." Cass seems thrilled, already scrolling through her phone for places to go to.

I glance at Ally, watching her daze off in a random wall in my room. "I don't mind. I haven't been to one before."

Her answer makes both Cass and I sit up straight, wondering what's gotten into her. Usually, it takes a lot more effort for us to persuade her to do something she's uncomfortable with. We definitely know nightlife isn't so much her thing.