18.

(Picture of Andrew Miller)
**read author's note at the end of the chapter please!
• • •

"Jeez, my head is killing me." Cass stirs from next to me, groaning.

"Me too," Ally grumbles.

All of us had stayed over at the mansion after the party since it was late. And we were all practically either drunk or sleepy by the time anyway. Although there're plenty of guest rooms in the house, somehow Cass and Ally ended up sleeping in the same room, on the same Queen sized bed as me. God, you can imagine how my sleep went squeezing with two other person; one of them a blanket hogger.

I was already awake before them since I barely could catch a wink in that bed. "Need anything?" I ask, stretching my body as I finally sit myself up.

"Breakfast!" Cass squeals and I wince. It's way too early for that sort of high-pitched noise.

"Do you want something, Ally?" I am the least hungover of all, thankfully, and isn't having any headaches. "Medicine? Food?"

She nods restlessly and rolls to her side again without a word. Ally undoubtedly drank way more than any of us did, chugging cups after cups of Jack Daniels effortlessly. Despite finally getting to meet Wayne for real last night, it was short-lived as my brother quickly got himself a chick to hook up with; not sparing a second glance at our dear brunette.

I get down from the bed to the open closet, searching for a bathrobe to wear. The three of us had stripped down to our undergarments last night since sleeping in outside clothes was way too uncomfortable. Now wearing back the same clothes feels like a hassle and... a little dirty to me.

It's only 9:20 AM when I try to find my way down to the kitchen. Left hallway, first floor... nope, wrong. I groan. Why must a house be so goddamn big and not have signboards for directions?

I try the next hallway, fretting when I can't find the right route. Just as I turn around to leave, a door at the back creaks open. Zac emerges from what seemed like the garden, dressed in a casual t-shirt and checkered boxers.

"Hey, morning," he half-smiles.

"I'm lost." I furrow my brows.

"Where are you going to, dressed like that?"

"Kitchen. Those two are about to die and wants their last meal."

Last night, things went pretty okay since we were surrounded by the rest of them. I didn't have any moment alone with Zac again, so all the sexual tension was mostly forgotten. But now, with him walking right in front of me while I stare at his backview is beginning to jolt back embarrassing memories.

"What do you need?" He grins mischievously, I discreetly gulp. Hell, act normal, Kelsey.

"Uh, advil? Don't think you have breakfast here, do you?" I scope around the modern kitchen. Shockingly, it is a pretty regular sized one, resembling what normal households have other than the gold intricate carvings on the rims of all the counters and cabinets. But it seems... empty. The counters are clear of anything at all, other than a couple of appliances.

"This is just a spare kitchen," he chuckles. "The main kitchen is downstairs in the basement where our cooks work. But I've specifically requested all staffs to go on leave this weekend. I can make breakfast if you want, or we can go buy something back."

"Um," I hesitate. We already crashed at his home after a night, it doesn't seems right for him to still make breakfast for all of us. "It's alright. I'll just make them coffee first, then I'll settle breakfast for everyone." He nods, then opens up one of the top cabinets to retrieve a handful of coffee capsules.