34.

(Picture of Zacson Gray)

A/n: I'm not very pleased with how I wrote this chapter, so I might come back and edit when this block disappears.

Regardless, enjoy it for now. And please, don't kill me.
• • •

"I'm pregnant."

...

She can't be serious.

"I'm serious." Becca rolls her eyes. "I'm really pregnant. Here's the proof." She shows me a couple of her ultrasound pictures which clearly states the clinic she goes to, her name and age etc.

Well, what am I to do with this information?

"And it's Zacson's baby. Now you know why he's been coming to me whenever I call?" She smirks. "Oh, have I ruined your movie, your lunch and your Valentines Day?"

"Fuck off."

"Look. I'm not trying to be rude. But you should be the one to back off. Shouldn't women be helping women? I'm a pregnant woman for god's sake. Just leave him and I won't even bother looking at you anymore."

It can't be true. It can't be true. Look at her damn cocky face. "I won't. Not until Zac come clean to me about it. Maybe you should tell him to leave me if you really want him to."

"You're a real stubborn one." She sighs. "Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you then."

With that, she turns around and struts away from me, leaving me to wonder what exactly has my life turned into.

I walk to my dearly missed MINI Countryman. Yep, I've had enough of getting rides from others. It's much easier being independent instead of having to wait around for Wayne's classes and trainings to end. Even though I still have a slight fear of driving, it's not enough to make me wake up two hours early just to catch his ride.

Have I really mistrusted Zac? He was there when I was drunk. He never took advantage of me. He never tried to force me into anything. He was sweet to me. He took care of me during the days I couldn't function. He always made me breakfast. He'd occasionally surprise me with grape fruit gum in my pockets. Heck, he even switched the air freshener in his car to smell like grapes.

But then again. That was how it was like with J too, isn't it? It always starts sweet in the beginning. Men always likes the chase. But after they got you? There's no excitement anymore. They know you won't leave them anymore. And that's when they start looking for someone else.

———

The same night, Zac comes back at 7 in the evening. I didn't know how to face him. In fact, I still felt dubious about what Becca told me.

"Is that your car outside I see?" He asks me, coming to kiss me on my forehead.

"Yep."

"Since when did you get your car back?"

"Over the weekend."

"Are you okay, baby? Is something wrong?" He pulls me in towards him.

"Nah. I just didn't want to take rides anymore. Figured it's easier to have my own car back. I miss it anyway." I put up a faint smile.

"I'm sorry... you sound like you're mad."

How do you put it? This isn't even at the mad stage anymore. I felt... betrayed. "I don't know how to say this. But I'm not happy."

He sighs. "I know. It's me. I've been neglecting you so much. And right now, seeing you like that? It hurts me to hurt you."

But you won't do anything about it. "Maybe, maybe this just isn't working out anymore."