Chapter 13

He said my name so quietly I am not even sure I heard him correctly. Before I have the chance to ask him Mia speaks up "Yeah, what dad?" she asks the man who I now know is her father.

"Oh, nothing" he says with a smile regaining himself. "I am Marcus, Amelia's dad" he said holding out his hand.

"Rosemary Parker, but just call me Rose" I say a little confused as I shake his hand.

"Me and Rose are going to go up to my room" Mia said breaking the awkward air.

"Ok, did you get those books Mia?" Marcus politely asks turning to her. "Yeah we were going to look through them together, Rose was curious about them"

"That's fine just can I put them in my office when you are done using them?"

"Yup" Mia replied as we make our way up the stairs to her bed room.

Her bedroom was pretty big compared to what I thought it was going to be. She has a white and light brown canopy bed in the corner with a window next to it. Her floors are a nice fluffy carpet; she also has a really nice desk with a laptop on it. Her room is very neat and clean. Mia sits down on her pink comforter and motions for me to seat beside her. As I sit she pulls out the four books we got at the library.

"How about we split them you look at these two and I will look at the other and then we can talk after" Mia says with a smile as she points to them.

"Sure" I reply. I thought I could learn something from the books we got but almost all of it is what I already know like how their stronger and faster. Nothing new except one thing I find that says something about white wolfs having the ability to take away people's memories.

KNOCk, KNOCK, KNOCK.

"Who is it" Mia asked as she put her phone down. Right now we were on our phones and talking because we finished looking at the books.

"Me" a voice that sounded like a little boy said.

"Sorry, I have a friend over and we don't want to play" Mia replied rolling her eyes at the door.

"Daddy said you would" he said opening the door and peaking his head through. "Who are you?" he asks me opening the door all the way and coming over to stand beside the bed. He had black shaggy hair, looked like he was 4'7, and had the same green eyes as his dad. "'I'm Rose, your sister's friend. What's your name?" I reply as I see Mia giving me a glare for taking to her brother. I can't help it I have a soft spot for little kids considering I didn't grow up with any younger siblings "I'm Josh" he replies happily "will you and Mia come play with me in the backyard" he continues with the cutest puppy dog face I have ever seen. I turn to Mia seeing her shake her head. "No, I don't want to" she says "come on please" I reply with my puppy dog face "for me?" "Fine" she sighs and starts to get up but josh beats her to it and pulls us quickly to the backyard.

"Can you shift so I can play with your wolves please you haven't done that in a long time" he asks me and Mia as we stand in their big back yard that has a trampoline. Their backyard is big enough for any wolf to shift and have a decent amount of running space. Looking at Josh I calmly reply "I'm warn out from gym and dance today, sorry buddy" he sighs and turns to Mia with hope. "Not today bud, but how about a game of hide and go seek tag and I'll even be it" she says with a smile. "Ok" he replies.

From their Mia started to count to 10 and Josh and I ran back into the house. We played at least 10 rounds before me and Mia collapsed on the couch. Josh only got it once; I don't know how that kid has it in him. The rest of the game me and Mia ended up taking turns being it.

"I told you we shouldn't have played" Mia says trying to catch her breath.

"Hey" I reply hitting her arm lightly. "You're the one who offered to play hide and seek tag. It wasn't so bad though, it was a good workout" I then hear josh's footsteps racing down the stairs in to the living room. "Come on, let's play again" he says as he pulls at my arm trying to left me up of the couch. "I'm too tired to play anymore" "ok, fine" he pouts as he turns on the TV and sits in between me and Mia on the couch.

"Hey Rose? Are you staying for dinner?" Marcus asks me coming in the living room standing at the doorway. "Oh. No I have to get home. My mom said I had to be home by six and she will kill me if I don't" I decline nicely. "Rose, Its six thirty" Mia tells me worriedly. I jump up off the couch and quickly make a run for the door "Thanks for having me Mr.Jones; I will see you tomorrow at school Mia, bye Josh, bye." I say grabbing my stuff and heading out the door.

Mia

"Dinner's ready kids" dad says as he makes the way to the dining room. Me and Josh go and take our seats at the table. "Well she's a nice girl" my dad says as we all star to eat.

"Yeah she bummed into me in the library at school and we got talking and we have a lot of things in common"

"Why didn't you shift today Mia" Josh asks me eating his spaghetti. I look over to see dad looking at me in that "tell me what happened" way. "Rose convinced me to play with him because he asked and apparently because you said that I would. He wanted to play with mine and Rose's wolf but don't worry because I didn't. You know I wouldn't dad, don't freak out" I say as Josh looks at me still  expecting an answer to his question." "I couldn't because Rose was there, but tomorrow after school, okay?" "Okay" he replies happily. "Make sure she doesn't find out Amelia, I know I don't have to warn you about the consequences" he says with authority in his voice. "Yes dad" I reply to him. The only time he uses my full name is when he is really pissed or very serious, and I know it is the latter.

__________________________

Thanks so much to everyone who has been reading my book!

Comment!

And

Vote!