~ o2 ~

but how did this mess start

but how did this mess start..?

two years ago...

"jennie, jisoo, as you have both missed the first term of lessons, you'll both taking catch-up lessons after school until 4:35." the headteacher told the two girls at the desk. both jisoo and jennie looked at each other, neither in interest or disgust.

they belonged in the same homeroom and were in their third year of school together. they weren't close but were merely classmates. jennie smiled over at jisoo and jisoo smiled back gingerly.

jennie had gone away on a two-week trip to New Zealand to visit her grandmother while jisoo had been away ill, so from that day on, they met up for catch up lessons. over time they got closer and even walked home together. jisoo would walk all the way with jennie until she arrived home while jennie had to walk to the nearest station and take the train from there. this would be a routine until around the christmas season where they'd caught up with everything necessary. instead, they'd start going out to town together to get to know each other better, by this time they were becoming accomplices.

jennie never had a friend like jisoo, the raven-haired girl was so graceful and held so much knowledge in the most majestic way. jisoo on the other hand, according to jisoo, saw jennie as a breath of fresh air. jennie was excitable and carefree, she was able to brush off insults and almost made anyone melt whenever she hugged them.

jisoo wondered how jennie did it, she looked so popular and confident.

jennie wondered how jisoo did it, she looked so ethereal and intelligent.

they envied each other.