~ 1o ~

the thing about writing is
i can't tell if it's healing
or destroying me    

   ~ rupi kaur 'Milk And Honey'

october 12th

a summer of love, of cute cuddles and secret kisses. of many days that jennie went over to jisoo's house, where they were often left alone to watch movies, to be tangled in an everlasting hug under a duvet. they'd steal kisses and sometimes more.

the one thing that had changed was their friendship with chaeyoung. it was like a switch being turned off, chaeyoung ignored both of them. jennie knew that chaeyoung and jisoo disliked each other, but she thought that since jisoo and jennie were dating, chaeyoung would make an effort to be kind. jisoo was certainly trying but whenever jennie approached chaeyoung, she'd be shoved away or ignored plainly.

so soon enough jennie just stopped trying

this had been going on ever since the party, when jennie and jisoo had been getting closer and closer to the point that if you saw one, it was likely the other was right beside them at all times.

they were so happy together when school started again that people noticed that they were serious, that they were better together. that it wasn't a cute new relationship anymore.

they were.

until.

                        it just changed.

not just them, but the entire homeroom class at school.

because someone in their class had died the day before and jennie realised that their relationship had peaked afterwards.

on the 12th of October, jennie walked into her homeroom and saw her entire class. but they weren't chatting among themselves, playing music and cracking up at jokes. instead it was silent and everyone were enclosed in their little groups and jennie could hear the occasional sob and sniff.

everyone knew what happened, but to jennie that's when it hit her that it really happened.

she saw lalisa in a circle with hyejin, shusha, irene, moonbyul, minnie, miyeon and a few others.

jennie was surprised to see her two friendship groups interacting with each other. Her first friendship group with irene, minnie and moonbyul being comforted and comforting chaeyoung, lalisa, hyejin, shusha and miyeon.

she firstly went over to moonbyul, seeing the tears fall down her face. she had a soft spot for moonbyul and treated her like her baby sister, so instinctively wrapped her arms around her. moonbyul leaned against her immediately, sobbing her heart out.