~ 11 ~

februrary 3rd 2018

februrary 3rd 2018

jennie knocked on the door that was extremely familiar to her, nerves overwhelming her.

why would that be the case?

she'd be invited to a party that she was the only girl that came from her own school, all the other guests were from another school. wheein's school.

the door opened up and the birthday girl squealed in excitement. "jennie! you came!"

jennie grinned and pulled wheein into a big hug. "of course i would girl, i wouldn't miss it for the world!" the two hugged for awhile before pulling away. jennie gripped onto wheein's hand, knowing what was to come.

"oh they don't bite jennie." wheein let out a laugh as she tugged her into her house.

"but I've only met one of your friends." jennie said, before being led into the living room where everyone was sitting. they all looked at jennie and never before had jennie felt so lost.

she was so used to being the 'confident one'.

well, where was that now.

"guys!" wheein said, before pointing at jennie. "this is jennie!"

solar got up and went to jennie, giving her a hug. "hey! haven't seen you in a while!" she exclaimed and jennie's nerves calmed slightly. solar was the other person she knew.

"introduce yourselves then." wheein said and looked expectantly at a blonde haired boy. he looked at wheein and then at jennie before introducing himself.

"i'm taehyung." he said and jennie realised who he was.

oh he's THAT guy.

the guy who used to have a crush on jisoo. oh, and has been friends with jisoo for a long time.

jennie knew when she was coming to this party, she knew that she'd come to face with taehyung. taehyung and jisoo used to go to a youth group together when they were younger and their parents knew each other. it was only last year in the summer, when jennie heard that taehyung had a crush on jisoo.

jennie didn't like taehyung then. but things had changed now.

she didn't know what to expect now.

jennie gave him a polite nod and then saw two familiar faces and grinned. "joon! hobi!" she felt even more relaxed and hopped over to them, she both pulled them into a hug and they hugged back.

"hey there!" hobi exclaimed and they all pulled away.

there were three other unfamiliar faces.

"jennie, this is mark, jackson and yugeom."

She waved politely at all of them and they greeted her back.

wheein then cleared her throat and clapped her hands. "A
alright, since we're all here. let's go!"

everyone filed out of the living room and put on their shoes. since there wasn't enough room for just one car, they arriving to the venue in two cars. jennie would be arriving in a car with wheein, taehyung and jackson. the others going in the other car with wheein's mum.

she wasn't very happy when she had to sit in the back with taehyung and jackson, while wheein was ignoring jennie's silent pleas to let her sit at the front instead with her dad.

"So you're jisoo's girlfriend huh?" taehyung said suddenly while on the drive, jisoo was in the middle of listening to her music.

to be polite, she took one out and replied. "Yeah, and you're jisoo's friend right?"

"that's right! known her since we were 9." he confirmed and jisoo gave him a small smile. jackson was sitting in between them, mainly gazing at wheein.

jennie knew that jackson and wheein had a thing for each other, she had moved on from namjoon.

"well I've only known her since school started." jisoo said, beaming.

"how are you guys?"

honestly, i have no idea. it's all in the dark and i don't know how she's doing. she's been so sick lately so i don't see her at school a lot. whenever i try to text her, she just replies really vaguely and distant.

"great, we're fine." jennie lied, trying her best to keep up her same smile.

" jennie lied, trying her best to keep up her same smile