~ 24 ~

april 12th 2018

april 12th 2018

"so i decided to walk back with taehyung from the train station but moonbyul here didn't want to go back, so i made sure with her that i could leave without her and she was sure." jennie explained to her friends, minnie, irene, moonbyul and a new friend yerim. she was new to the school and befriended minnie before eventually joining the group now.

"i was still left alone! you should've seen them, they were just hugging constantly." moonbyul whined, nudging jennie, pretending to throw up at the thought.

it took by her surprised, she thought moonbyul would've been happy for her. but today, she was acting completely different compared to that day. she was so understanding and caring but now...

now she was acting mockingly.

jennie tried to hide her disbelief at moonbyul and rolled her eyes. "wow moonbyul, ha ha, so funny." she mumbled sarcastically. minnie and irene weren't amused by moonbyul's antics and instead wanted to know what had happened next. yerim nodded for jennie to continue.

"we were walking back, just bantering amongst ourselves. it was like nothing had happened, we had returned back to our usual selves. then, we walked past a bunch of the popular girls in our school and since we were holding hands, i thought they must've assumed that we could've been dating. then guess what." jennie explainer, feeling giddy already by just thinking back to the memory she grasped onto so dearly.

"what? did one of the girls say something?" yerim asked, raising a brow.

"taehyung was the one who spoke up and literally said what i thought!!" jennie squealed out, laughing while swinging her legs. the others let out shocked gasps. "he had to leave when we arrived back to the group sadly, so i hugged him goodbye and hung out with the others and eventually met up with soojin..." jennie then leaned in closer and mumbled. "jisoo wasn't there, she must've left."

the others continued to chatter about their two week holiday and in the midsts of it all, jennie's eyes drifted to the black-haired girl who sat only a few tables away from her own group, talking to yuqi with her back turned away from jennie.

the black-haired girl who she put so much trust in.

the black-haired girl with the pretty eyes who she had a crazy 1 year with.

jennie knew it was time to calm down and bring herself back to normal, she had to let herself heal from all the running she had done for jisoo. if that was to ignore jisoo, as much as it hurt to do so, she would do it.

she tried to be friends but got hurt again.

jennie refused to let herself feel like that, not when she had to recover from her skin condition too.

it was time to fix this messy heart break herself, through the help of her friends and of course herself.

jennie continued to look at jisoo with a small smile on her face, she could never hate jisoo but must bid her farewell.

oh but jennie... you are far from recovering from getting over it, far from saying goodbye.

 you are far from recovering from getting over it, far from saying goodbye