~ o9 ~

july 18th

july 18th

the day of the party had arrived and jennie was at jisoo's door, knocking on the door.

her mother opened it and greeted jisoo and her mother with a smile. jisoo had waved goodbye to her mother and hugged her before going inside the house.

Lalisa and Chaeyoung were already there along with Shusha and Yuqi. Hyejin and Somin were yet to arrive.

Lalisa and Chaeyoung greeted Jennie with a hug, squealing when they saw the brunette. "girl, you can actually stay for the sleepover right?" Chaeyoung asked as she pulled away.

"Yup, I just have to wake up really early, I can't go out for breakfast with you guys." jennie said with a sigh.

"Well at least you're here now." jisoo said, putting her arms around the younger's waist. jennie smiled at her and replied.

"and at least i get to stay the night."

"alright, alright!" shusha yelled, getting everyone's attention. "hyejin and somin are here now so let the party begin!"

they all sat around, braiding each other's hair and listening to music. jennie and chaeyoung danced with each other around the others, jisoo was plaiting hyejin's long dark hair and somin, shusha and yuqi were all watching and talking.

they all took turns to do each other's hair, jisoo was by far the best at braiding and jennie had learnt how to do french braids and dutch braids because of her. when everyone's hair was in a hairstyle, they decided to eat.

jisoo's parents were upstairs so the eight of them helped themselves to oven-baked pizza and chips, putting it in the oven themselves and waiting. jennie helped jisoo pop bags of popcorn as they decided to settle down to watch mamma mia.

while the two popped the corn, the other six went to sort out bedding, placing mattresses on the floor which took up every inch of the floor. hyejin, somin and yuqi put down pillows for people while shusha, lalisa and chaeyoung placed duvets and blankets. they all transformed the living room into a giant bed fort by the time jennie and jisoo came back in with pizzas on plates and chips and popcorn in bowls.

everyone got settled, choosing where to sleep. jennie and jisoo claimed the far mattress at the very back, while lalisa and chaeyoung shared the front and hyejin, somin, yuqi and shusha all shared the biggest mattress that was centred in the middle. they all sat cross-legged as jisoo switched on the tv, starting the film. once it started, they all ate away happily. the oven baked pizza wasn't ordered pizza but it sure tasted great, the peri-peri salted chips were a delight and popcorn were just popcorn.

they finished their food by the middle of the film, jisoo getting up to take their plates away and jennie helping here. they cleared the bowls and plates, washing up in the sink and went back to see everyone cuddled in the blankets and watching closely. the two decided to finally settle under the covers and cuddle.

"you know, my parents know about us." jisoo whispered, closing the distance between their bodies. jennie wrapped her arm around, leaning on her elbow slightly. jisoo used jennie's arm as a pillow, putting the other girl's arm around her waist.

jennie's eyes widened in surprise. "really? your mum and dad are still pretty cool around me."

"that's what you think, if my mum wasn't asleep, she would make us sleep in different rooms. that's what she said." she corrected the younger, who's cheeks heated up. jisoo's mum was quite intimidating, she played a lot of sport and still does now and of course, towered over jennie.

"but she's not here." jisoo said softly, which took jennie off guard. she didn't realise how close they were until jisoo pressed her forehead against hers.

she could see jisoo's gaze fall from her eyes and onto her lips.

jennie couldn't help but do the same.

it was like as if the others had disappeared, they couldn't think of what the others says because they were only thinking of each other.

"can i... kiss you?" jennie asked gently, reaching to place a hand on jisoo's cheek. jisoo nodded approvingly and then finally jennie leaned in, planting a kiss on her lips.

it was her first kiss ever, so she didn't want to go too far with it.  so she kept it simple and soft, tilting her head into the kiss.

she finally pulled away when she needed air and they both pulled away. they both looked into each other's eyes, both a little red.

"that was my first kiss." jennie said with a chuckle, to lighten the mood which worked as jisoo laughed with her.

"it wasn't mine, mine was with some boy in primary school. but this was the best kiss."