~ o3 ~

february 15th 2017

february 15th 2017

it was the day of the instrumental evening the school held, in which girls who played an instrument inside of school where expected to play.

jennie played the violin and jisoo played the guitar, so were definitely expected to play. It also meant that jennie couldn't go home as the event started at six and normally she arrived home at half past five. jisoo, who lived a road away from school, offered to let jennie stay over. jennie obviously agreed, she wasn't even sure if her family were coming to watch her play her violin, so support from her friend and her family was her next option.

so after school, they walked to jisoo's home, which was secluded behind trees and had a nice neighbourhood. it was very different to the town in which jennie lived in, it was rural and the air was cleaner, unlike jennie's town which was just off weed and care fumes. this was jennie's first time at jisoo's house and she wanted to make a good impression on her parents.

they entered her house and jennie's first impressions of it were that it was immensely homely and cosy. the corridor opened up to the kitchen at the furthest door down, the nearest door being the living room and the doors on the left hand side opened up to a bathroom and the study.

"are you hungry? let's eat." jisoo spoke up, slinging her bag beside the door and taking her shoes off, jennie did the same and followed the older to the kitchen.

her eyes immediately caught the sights of a set of kitchen cupboards, with were completely covered in family photos from past to current. there was one picture with Jisoo and her parents, along with some boy who looked older than jisoo.

jennie walked closer to inspect the photos as jisoo searched through the fridge. she realised this boy kept appearing in all their photos, until the more current photos. jennie tilted her head in confusion, but decided to question it later as she heard jisoo speak again.

"up for making cinnamon rolls? it's literally the only thing we've got." she said, with a shy chuckle.

"sure thing, what's the first step." jennie asked, pulling off her jacket and hanging it on the chair. jennie and jisoo got to work, getting out the necessary equipment and following all the steps.

they'd managed to put the cinnamon rolls in the oven in under 45 minutes, Jennie raising her hand and high-fiving jisoo in truimph. "we make a good team." she commented, stepping back.

jisoo nodded and then said. "while we wait, let's head up to my room." she led the way, going up the stairs and turning left to the nearest door from the stairs. she opened it for jennie, letting her in first.

it was as if jennie had jumped back in time to jisoo's childhood, her bedroom walls were painted a lilac colour with flowers going round in a single line across the whole room. the double bed was pushed back in the corner, suffocating in many blankets and pillows. there was also a small rocking horse, a built in wardrobe, a messy baby-pink dresser and a cupboard beside the dresser. not to mention, the room was extremely messy that even jennie was down to clean it up for jisoo.