~ 18 ~

march 8th 2018

march 8th 2018

a week.

a week was how long it lasted.

a week, was how long things were good before they were back to the things they were.

jisoo was actually paying attention to her the entire week, she was taking her time to get to know her and jennie felt appreciated.

until things faded back to normal.

or for the worst.

now it was obvious that they were blatantly trying to ignore each other in break and homeroom. but they still managed to be able to be okay at home.

jennie was so confused, but it was about to get a lot more confusing.

☙₸؋₥€ $₭ⅈℙ❧

jennie's mum had manage to drag jennie to a screening of a film that one of her friends were starring in and also one that was filmed in Seoul and New Zealand.

jennie's mum had managed to get into the social scene when she landed a job as a news reporter for a channel which wasn't known that well but had an audience. jennie's older sister couldn't come because she was drowned in study materials for real exams so jennie was hauled over to the cinema.

they parked the car in the car park before walking into the cinema, it was quite a small one and slightly run down too. it had a small lobby and at the very back, stairs that went up before sectioning off to a left and right.

jennie soon realised that they were early so hung around the lobby with her mum, buying a soft drink and a packet of crisps and sitting on the side so her mum could freely socialise with the others.

she had her headphones in, listening to music, taking one out when she saw her mum beckoning her. jennie realised it was time to watch the movie and walked to the stairs.

"jennie...?" a low, male voice asked which made her freeze on the steps.

no.

she instantly recognised it. but it can't be..

jennie turned around slowly to be met with the one person she was definitely not ready to see, the same with her mum.

her dad, squat and quite large, glasses square and freshly cut hair was dressed in a blazer, polo shirt and trousers. he too looked surprised to see jennie and her mum.

"are you okay?"

are you okay.

are you okay.

jennie wanted to scream at him, scream at him then and there.

father, my dear oppa. you left us. it as always been shitty with you and omma, especially the incident in 2014. i've known omma all my life, but i barely know you because of the many times you kept coming in and out until 2014. you left the house in a rush, you quickly said your goodbyes and told us you'd support us money wise. you made a mess and you left 11 year old me and my 14 year old sister deal with it. you ran away in fear that we'd call the police.

you ran away because you didn't want to face that omma would be rushed to hospital and that my sister and i would have to be the ones to watch this unfold.

you ran away from your responsibilities as a father. you happen to find me 4 years later and ask me if i'm okay.

you made me, my sister and my omma be alone for four years, barely any money, barely any family to rely on and no one to tell. my poor omma had suffered enough domestic abuse and depression to scar her.

i could almost say the same for my sister.

but i'm lucky to have been barely scarred and that saying something because i am hurting, i am bleeding and i am crying.

i miss having a full family.

i miss seeing the whole family.

i miss seeing my cousins who'd adore me to pieces and squish my baby cheeks.

i miss my aunties and uncles that would pick me up and spin me around, would tell me how much i had grown. would ask me how's school.

i miss omma's smile the most, seeing her face light up as she was surrounded with a family that loved her. a family she could rely on.

but oppa, they're from your side of the family and once you left, you took them away too.

now it has been, me, my sister and my omma.

just us, living.

i take that back. surviving.

"y-yeah. fine." jennie mumbled, turning her back on her father and taking her mother's hand, leading her inside the cinema room.

☙₸؋₥€ $₭ⅈℙ❧

me
jisoo...

jisoo, please reply to me asap.

me
jisoo please its serious

me
please i need you

delivered.