~ 29 ~

august 20th 2018

august 20th 2018

jennie hugged herself while staring out of the window, trying to not show her mum (who was driving the car) how nervous she was.

she had begged her mum to see jisoo the second she could tell her in India, they had only arrived back home from holiday on the 18th and her mum had promised to drive her to the hospital.

it was an hour and a half drive since jennie lived in the city and jisoo lived in the countryside north-west to her. the hospital was even further up north.

jennie was glad that she was allowed to go, considering her mother was also tired.

but up until this point, when they entered the hospital and searching a place to park, it had really hit her that she was seeing jisoo. she was silent when she got out the car, silent when they were walking up to the spot where they were going to meet jisoo and her mum.

and then;

a figure in the distance in a wheelchair, an older figuring standing behind it holding the handles.

jennie knew, even though they were so far away, she already knew that it was her.

so her pace quickened, a small smile appeared on her face until she could see more clearly.

pale. even more paler than before, jennie couldn't place her finger on exactly what but she looked unwell. but she had a small smile on her face too.

"hi jisoo!" jennie said with a smile as she approached her properly, both their mothers greeting each other.

"hey, finally nice to see you." jisoo replied, the first time she had heard her voice in awhile. jennie and jisoo couldn't help but stop their huge smiles from showing how excited they were to see each other.

jisoo's mum, looked at the two girls and said. "you guys can go catch up in her room, we'll go to the cafe." the girls nodded in reply and watched their mum's go off together.

jennie then started to wheel jisoo inside the hospital, making polite conversation while walking through the halls to jisoo's room. jennie occasionally made a joke which she then erupted in laughter. when they arrived to her room, it was quite large with six beds. jisoo's was the very first bed to the right.

"where's everyone else?" jennie asked, helping jisoo onto the bed.

"they've all gone back home, it's just me." she replied, making herself comfy on the bed. jennie took out of her pocket some blue nail polish and nail polish remover.

"i'm gonna do your nails." jennie said, sitting opposite her on the bed and opening the tube. she got some tissue paper and placed it on the bed just in case

jisoo rose a brow out of confusion. "can i ask why you brought nail polish?"

"to commemorate the first proper date we went out on, we went to the nail salon and got our nails done. Yours in blue and mine in red." she replied, starting to apply the nail polish on one hand.

jisoo smiled and rolled her eyes. "cheesy."

"at least i made you smile."

jisoo took out her iPad with her other hand and started to play music, sitting back comfortably to watch jennie paint her nails.

after awhile jennie broke the silence with the words she's been waiting to say in person.

"i've missed you..."

"i've missed you too." jisoo replied, the small smile still on her face, taking jennie's hand in her free one and interlocking their fingers.

when jennie was finished with one hand, she looked up but was met with the close gaze of jisoo. she was taken off guard slightly but soon enough got locked in the gaze. soon enough the subconsciously moved closer until they kissed.

 soon enough the subconsciously moved closer until they kissed