Chapter 1: Let the Journey Begin

A/N: Hi...this is my first fanfic, so please bear with me. English is not my first language. Anyway, this story happens right around Ash's journey through the Johto region...so don't expect him to show up anytime soon. The story will be on Milani's POV...unless otherwise stated. BTW...Milani is my OC...no idea how I came up with the name, but it just popped up. I've been using that name since I've been making fanfics in my head for the past years. Oh...and I apologize in advance for the long introductions of the different people. Again, sorry for the long intro...let us now start the story. ENJOY :)

--------------------------------------------

It is now 4 PM here in LaRousse City, Hoenn.

I had just finished shopping for the supplies I will need for my adventure. I've been waiting my entire life for the day I will be starting out on my journey to become a Pokémon Master.

And that day will be happening tomorrow.

Well...not really...tomorrow we (as in me and my cousins) will be riding the ship to Littleroot Town. There, I will meet Professor Birch, and I will get my first Pokémon.

'Will it be Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip?' I imagined the professor talking to me.

To be honest, I already made my decision on who I will choose. I have not told anyone my decision. I just hope that I will make it there in time so I can pick the one I want. No need to worry. I will. I skipped merrily.

*THUD*

"Ow...sorry, robot thing." I told the robot block I accidentally bumped into. While I was rubbing my forehead because of the impact of hitting the robot, I felt a sudden movement. I accidentally walked into one of those electronic paths. Great...I'm already going the wrong way. I gotta be more careful next time, especially when I'll be on my journey. Well...I know there won't be electronic paths or robot assistants or anything super technological once I start my journey. These things pretty much exist only here in LaRousse City, the home of everything technological.

------------------------------------------------

After that mishap, I have finally arrived home. Luckily, I didn't lose anything I shopped...and I'm still in one piece. I just hope I don't have a bump on my head. I don't want to talk about the clumsy stuff that happened to me today.

And it was all because I was so excited to start my journey.

Our house was slightly big...well mostly because there are 3 families living in it. My mom and her sisters decided to live together in this home. It's no bother, anyway. I love living with each and every one in the family. The best part of this house though? It is pretty much natural, contradicting the technological lifestyle of LaRousse City. Our house is surrounded by tall trees and rose bushes.

I immediately went inside my room to drop off all the things I shopped, and also to do some final packing before my big journey. I also looked into the mirror to see if I have a bump on my head. Good thing I don't.

'Well...nobody has to know about that.' I thought to myself.

After checking my self out in the mirror, I went outside the rose garden. It was filled with beautiful blooming roses of different colors. I remember one of my aunts saying that a person can express his or her feelings through roses. For example, a person could give a red rose as a symbol of love.

I wonder if I will receive one in my journey...

Ah never mind that...I'm only 10. I don't want to become a hopeless romantic at a young age.

"Milani! Dinner time!" I heard my sister call. With all the excitement going on, I never had the chance to eat a snack...so I was really hungry.

--------------------------------------------------