Chapter 23: The Mind Badge

I'm all packed up and ready to go. This little homecoming was fun, but now it's time to go back to my journey.

"Are you sure you'll be alright by yourself?" Mom asked. "I don't want you getting hurt again like the time you got hit by Stun Spore back in Rustboro City."

"Lighten up will ya, mom? Don't worry too much about me. I promise you I can take care of myself." I answered.

"Ok fine, but if something goes wrong, I'll tell Drew to look for you."

"Please, mom. It won't be healthy for Drew's development as a coordinator to always look after me. I have my Pokémon by my side anyway in case something wrong happens."

"Ok...ok...you better go now so that you could get to your ride on time."

"But...the ship won't leave for 2 more hours."

"Well...it's better that you arrive there very early rather than arriving there exhausted because you were running late." Typical mom.

"Fine. See you after the Hoenn League, mom."

"Take care, Milani!" My mother said as I left the house.

I continued walking until I arrived at the electronic pathways. All I have to do is step on the right path, the one that leads me right to the port. I'm not really good with directions. Wow. No wonder I usually get lost even with my PokéNav. Eh...whatever. I'll just step on this red one.

"Eli! Hi, I didn't know you came back here to LaRousse. I thought you were travelling around the Hoenn region." A familiar voice said. Oh...it's my old classmate, Yas. If you want to know who the heck Eli is, she's actually me. My full name is Eli Milani Lionel. Most of the people I know call me Milani. I usually introduce myself as Milani. Only a few people call me Eli: A few teachers and Yas. Yes...teachers either call me Eli or Melanie. Somehow, I prefer being called Eli than Melanie. Hey...technically, I'm still Eli.

"Oh...hi, Yas. It's been a while. I thought you guys moved...to where again?" I asked.

"Primea City, but I'm back here in LaRousse for a little vacation. I just wanted to visit my dear granny." Yas replied. Primea City? Right...eh, whatever. Yas and I aren't really super close friends, so maybe that's why I forgot he moved there. I guess we can be classified as friends, but not close.

"That's nice." I don't have to tell him I know someone from there, and then ask him if they know each other.

"So...where are you headed now?"

"Mossdeep City. I'll be challenging the gym there."

"Whoa. You know, I'm also on my way to Mossdeep City. I want to visit the Space Center there. I guess we could go together."

"Ok sure. I don't mind."

Yas and I continued walking towards the port. We eventually arrived at our ship. Yas got on board already, but I stayed outside for a while. I'm still supposed to meet Shiela here so that she could give me a good sendoff. I didn't tell Yas I was gonna meet Shiela. Well...Yas actually had a huge crush on Shiela back when we were younger, but Shiela didn't reciprocate those feelings. One time, we had this little activity wherein we get to draw the people we admire, may it be a fictional character or someone we actually know. I ended up drawing the fire guardian from the Legend of the Medallion Temple. I don't remember what Shiela drew, but all I know is that Yas ended up drawing Shiela. And since Yas is a good artist, it was a good drawing. I'm not sure if Yas still feels the same way about Shiela. Heck...we were only around 7 or 8 that time. He had already moved to Primea City and he had probably met more people. He's probably gotten a new crush by now.