Chapter 4: Grass Wars

We made it out of the Petalburg Woods, but it seems we have gotten into another sticky situation. I was pretty certain we'd still be at Route 104, but now I'm not so sure. Nurse Joy of Petalburg told us that if we see a flower shop and pond full of Lotad, we are definitely in Route 104. Unfortunately, there was no flower shop, and there were no Lotad. On the bright side, my Silcoon had evolved into Beautifly while I was battling those bug catchers in the woods. Drew didn't care. We were lost.

"Ugh...of course you had to get us lost, Milani. You had to insist to go to the left. I was really certain that the correct path was the right one." Drew complained.

"Excuse me, mister! I saw that the path had pretty flowers so I was certain that the flower shop Nurse Joy told us about would be here." I said in an angry tone.

"So, where are those flowers now?"

"Umm...never mind. Let's just find a way to get out of here."

I had no time to argue with Drew. We were lost. I didn't have time to win our little argument. I just wanna get out of here.

We were both quiet as we found our way out when suddenly we saw something jumping from the trees.

"Whoa...Drew, did you see that? I could have sworn I saw a Pokémon. Come on, let's go check it out!" I told my cousin with excitement.

"Milani, the only thing we should be thinking about is how to get out of here." He answered.

"Ugh...you're no fun, aren't you? I might need that Pokémon for my gym battle at Rustboro." I told him as I dragged him to the direction where the Pokémon was headed. We continued going that direction until we came across a huge tree. On one of the branches stood a Treecko.

I came closer to the tree with Drew trailing me. The Treecko then threw some stick he was biting in front of me. I got it. This must be Treecko's territory. I was gonna bring out Torchic to battle Treecko so that I could catch it, but a whole bunch of Roselia appeared. Treecko forgot about me and attacked the Roselia. Pretty soon, a whole bunch of Treecko appeared and also attacked the Roselia.

"W-w-why are they fighting, Drew?" I asked my cousin nervously. All I wanted was to catch Treecko, but I guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

"I think those Treecko think that the Roselia are invading their territory. I don't think the Roselia would purposely invade the Treecko territory, though. There's gotta be a reason why." Drew said.

I was gonna answer Drew when suddenly someone approached us. It was Officer Jenny.

"What are you kids doing here? This is the habitat of the grass type Pokémon." The policewoman asked us.

"We're sorry, Officer Jenny. We were just on our way to Rustboro City and we got lost." I told her in reply.

"Well...you have to get out of here and fast. There are a group of poachers in this forest. Wait...you two aren't with those poachers aren't you?" She questioned us.

"W-we're not, officer. We're just trainers passing by. If you want, we can help you look for those poachers." I told the officer with slight confidence.

"You don't have to. I'll leave you two now. I still have to look for those troublemakers." She said as she left. I got even more curious.

"Hmm...Milani, do you think those poachers Officer Jenny told us about have something to do with the Roselia or the Treecko?" Drew asked.

"It's possible. I can't rest doing nothing. We have to help the Pokémon or else this entire forest will be a wreck."

Drew nodded. The fight between the Treecko and the Roselia has subsided. Looks like the Treecko won this round and the Roselia are leaving sad and slightly injured. We ended up following the Roselia to see if they're okay.