Chapter 20: The Feather Badge

Ugh…I hate stairs.

I arrived in front of the Fortree Gym, and well…I have to climb these stairs. I think I’ve been going up for 5 minutes already, and I still haven’t gotten there.

I heard a noise from a Pokémon that made me look up. Well…I’d rather not look down at this point. I saw a Skarmory and on that Skarmory was a woman. Cool. I want to ride a Skarmory…or any other Pokémon. Maybe when my Trapinch evolves to Vibrava , and then to Flygon, I’ll be able to fly like that too. They soon landed to the top.

“I…ma..made…it!” I said while I’m running out breath.  I finally arrived on the top as well, and I dropped on the ground. I am just so exhausted!

“Excuse me, what can I do for you? Are you here to challenge the gym?” The woman who was riding on the Skarmory a while ago asked as she grabbed my hand and lifted me up.

“Yes…I am.” I replied as I dusted myself off.

“Well…that’s good. May I ask for your name?”

“I’m Milani from LaRousse City.”

“Well…it’s nice to meet you, Melanie. I’m Winona, the Fortree City Gym Leader.”

“Nice to meet you too, Winona. About my name…it’s actually pronounced as Milani, not Melanie.”

“Oh…I’m so sorry.”

“It’s okay, Winona.”

“Good. So…shall we begin?”

“Um…can you give me 10 minutes to rest?”

“Well…you do look exhausted from climbing the stairs. Come inside and I’ll give you refreshments.”

--

After having a glass of orange juice, I’m ready to go! Let this battle begin, yo!

“This Fortree City gym battle between Milani of LaRousse City and Winona, the Fortree City Gym Leader, is about to get underway. Each trainer will use three Pokémon, and only the challenger is allowed to make substitutions. The battle is over when all Pokémon on either side cannot continue.”

“Ok, Pelipper, I choose you!” Winona said to start off the battle.

“Pikachu, it’s time to shine!” Let’s do this right. I got the super-duper type advantage in this one! “Use Thunderbolt!” Pikachu released a powerful electric attack.

“Pelipper, use Steel Wing!” Winona countered. The Thunderbolt hit Pelipper, but it looked like it was just absorbing it. What in the…Winona is just smirking on the other side of the battlefield? Great. She’s prepared for this type of battle.

“Go on, Pikachu!”

“Now use Quick Attack, Pelipper!” Ah…the Steel Wing has been absorbing the electrical attack. Hmm…what to do?

“Pikachu, use your Quick Attack!”

“Pelipper, use Hydro Pump!” Before Pikachu could hit Pelipper, he got hit by the Hydro Pump.

“Pikachu, use Thunderbolt on that Hydro Pump!” The Hydro Pump served as a conductor for the Thunderbolt, and the massive damage was done on Pelipper. Thank goodness I have basic knowledge on Science.

Pikachu stood tall, and was able to knock out Pelipper in one hit! PIKA POWER IS AWESOME!

“Ok…Altaria, it’s your turn! Use Dragonbreath!” Well…I guess with Pikachu exhausted from the other battle, maybe I should have returned him.