Special: Old Friends

A/N: Whoopie! Another Leaf story. This will be based on the episodes “The Ties That Bind” and “Can’t Beat the Heat”.

--

(Leaf’s POV)

The Indigo League is fun and all, but I didn’t feel like I was happy with what I was doing. I mean, when I went to Pewter City, I was more excited to see the museum that housed so many prehistoric Pokémon than to go to the gym. I even frequently visited Pallet Town to hear the latest news from Professor Oak. Every time I call home, I always ask my mom about different stuff about Pokémon. It came to the point that I neglected my training. I was just into discoveries about Pokémon. I wanted to learn so much about Pokémon.

That’s when it hit me.

Being a trainer wasn’t really what I wanted after all. I asked Professor Oak and my mother about their opinion about my decision, and they’re fine with it.

That settles that.

I’m going to be a Pokémon Researcher.

I’m here in Johto because I will be meeting up with Professor Elm so that I can do some assistant work. I won’t stay there for too long. It will be some short internship, and then I’ll be off to Hoenn to help out my mother in her work.

Everyone in the family seemed happy with my decision. Well…I haven’t seen the reactions from Milani, Meriel or Drew, so maybe it’s too soon to say they’re all happy.

--

I arrived in Silver Town and found out that the Johto League Silver Conference is ongoing. Actually, it’s the first day of the Victory Tournament.

I passed by this booth that sells commemorative pins and I heard around town that they’re a big hit. The vendors were a magenta-haired woman, a periwinkle-haired man, and an odd looking one that might have been a Pokémon. It seemed interesting, but I continued walking.

I was just going to pass by the arena when I saw Harrison on the jumbo screen. I walked inside the arena and saw that Harrison had just finished his opponent. He and his Blaziken still make the best team. Whoever he’s going up next will have a hard time.

I didn’t want to stick around long because I wanted to be on my way to New Bark Town…although it’s not necessary for me to get there right away. The professor told that he’ll see me in 10 days.

I was walking out when I saw Professor Oak and Mrs. Ketchum. I wanted to greet them, but that would attract some attention. Also, I’m wearing a coat and a fedora so that I won’t be noticed as that girl who competed in the Indigo League.

“It’s time, Professor.” I heard Mrs. Ketchum say.

“You’re right, Delia. This is the moment Pallet Town has been waiting for. Two longtime rivals about to go head to head.” Professor Oak replied.

Two longtime rivals…wait…

No way.

I looked back at the arena and saw two trainers walk up to their boxes.

It was them. The two friends that I haven’t seen in forever. Well…I have to watch now.

“Pika, Pika, Pikachu!!!” Pikachu cheered as the other Pokémon followed.

“This second match of the first round will be a battle between two trainers of the same age and from the same hometown! Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, and Gary Oak, also from Pallet Town!” The announcer said.

Ash’s supporters were his Pikachu, a Togepi, a Psyduck, a Politoed, Misty (the youngest sister of the leaders of the Cerulean Gym), and Brock (the former leader of the Pewter Gym).