Chapter 13: Sweet Revenge. Sweet Victory.

Well...today is the day of the Mauville City Pokémon Contest. As expected, Drew had left early to finalize his appeals. He plans on using Roselia again, like he has a choice. The guy hasn't caught a single Pokémon yet. I don't even know what he's thinking. By the time of the Grand Festival, he can't just use one Pokémon. He'll be disqualified. He needs to at least have two. Ugh...I guess he'll just catch a new Pokémon when he needs to.

As for my bike lessons yesterday, it wasn't that hard. I guess I can go through Cycling Road now, provided that the rental bikes have training wheels. Luckily, Rydel gave me my own foldable bike. Wow. I didn't even now there were bikes that were foldable enough to be conveniently kept inside a backpack.

I fixed myself up and went downstairs. I wanted to look for Drew just in case he's still rehearsing somewhere. Instead, I found myself standing in front of the cafeteria.

"Good morning, Milani." A heard a familiar voice. Oh there's the guy I'm looking for. "Have you eaten breakfast yet?"

"Not yet. How about you?"

"I went around Mauville City to get a little workout with Roselia, but I haven't eaten anything yet. You seem to be looking for somebody. Perhaps you're looking for your amazing dark blue-haired rival?"

"No. I was looking for my annoying green-haired cousin. Oh look, I found him."

"Whatever. I found a place around the city that you may just like."

"What place?"

"Let's just go."

Drew and I left the Pokémon Center as we went to this place we won't tell me about. He told me that I might like it. Eh. I'll just hope it's a good place.

--

We arrived at a place called Mauville Pancake Palace. AWESOME!!! It turns out that there are 5 branches...at least that's what's written on their brochure. They have branches in Dewford, Mauville, Fallarbor, Lilycove and Sootopolis. Awesome!!! They should definitely build a branch in LaRousse. That would make me so happy.

Drew and I went to the two-person booth leaning against the wall. He ordered plain Petalburg Waffles while I ordered Double Choco-Berry Pancakes. Right...that was Jonny's order back in Dewford, but I don't have to tell Drew that. Now is the time to turn the tables.

"You know what's weird?" I started off. "Why do they sell Petalburg Waffles when they don't even have a branch down there in Petalburg."

"Well, Petalburg Waffles were invented in Petalburg, not really by the Pancake Palace people. In fact, I saw some frozen Petalburg Waffles at a grocery one time."

"What's inside a Petalburg Waffle anyway?"

"Its main flavor is actually strawberry. It is treated with vanilla to make the strawberry flavor more appealing to the taste buds."

"So technically, it's a strawberry-vanilla waffle?"

"I guess you could say that."

"I thought you're the kind of guy who only eats plain golden pancakes. I thought that waffle was plain too."

"I thought you knew your pancakes. I'm shocked you don't even know Petalburg Waffles."

"Waffles are way different compared to pancakes. I prefer pancakes. I bet you only ordered that because it reminded you of the girl from Petalburg who was eating strawberry-vanilla ice cream."

"I actually found out that Petalburg is known for their strawberry-vanilla sweets."

"No comeback, Drew?"