Chapter 29: Hoenn League (Part II)

The Ever Grande Championships rages on!

After that battle against Sadusa, I managed to win my next two battles. In the first battle, I won it with Medicham (who evolved in the battle) and Trapinch. In the next one, I won with Skitty and Grovyle. With that over with, we’re heading to the championship tournament!

I’m still here in Stadium C, this time with the audience. I’m waiting for Jonny’s battle and the announcement for the victory tournament match-ups. Drew, Meriel, Shiela and I were sitting parallel to the Group Seven guys. Somehow…we could still hear them.

“Jonny is the best!” Irwin cheered. Oh great…they’re at it again.

“He’s better than the rest!” Gab added. Never mind that…considering I’m technically part of that ‘rest’.

“We know he’ll win!” Ray added.

“It’s guaranteed!” Yas added.

“He’s the number one!” Johnson finished as they raised another drawing that was done by Wes.

“JONNY, GO!” They all cheered together. We just sweatdropped.

--

“There you have it! Jonny from Primea City will be moving on to the championship tournament! In a few moments, we will be announcing the match-ups!”

“According to the guide book, all the battles in the championship tournament are full 6-on-6 battles.” Shiela said while reading the guide book.

“Have you done full battles before, Milani?” Drew asked.

“Um…no.” I answered.

“Well…it says here that you will battle on either a rock, ice, grass or water field.” Shiela added.

“That shouldn’t bother me. We’re prepared for anything.”

“You know it’s gonna be tough if you get the water field. You won’t be able to maximize Blaziken’s abilities.” Drew said.

“Drew, you should have seen Milani back in the Sootopolis Gym. She won that with Blaziken.” Meriel said.

“Ok then. We’ll just see what happens.” Drew finished.

“Ladies and gentlemen, sorry for making you wait!” The announcer said. “It has been decided that the top four from each group will have to go head-to-head. Here are the top four for Group C! Now…we will shuffle them to determine the match-ups….and here we are.” NO WAY. “The fifth match will be between Milani and Jonny. The sixth match will be between Brendan and Kaila. Tomorrow will be a day-off, so our trainers better get their strategy ready. We’ll see you at the main stadium the day after!” My face still froze in shock.

“Uh…Milani. You okay?” Meriel asked. I shook of the shock to face her.

“I’m fine. I’ve been waiting for this battle since the day I first got my Pokémon.” I replied as we walked out of the stadium.

Outside, we saw that Group Seven were all standing and staring at us. Jonny stepped forward and walked to approach us.

“The moment we’ve been waiting for is here, Milani.” Jonny started off.

“Yeah. Both of us better give it all we got.” I replied.

“Definitely. Let’s make this a battle for everyone to remember.”

“Yup.” I answered as I turned away. “I’ll see you in the main stage then.”

--

Meriel, Drew, Shiela and I were invited by Tyson to have some breakfast at the new Pancake Palace here in Ever Grande. I was afraid he’d invite Jonny too, but I’m glad he didn’t. We got a table and waited for our food.