Chapter 24: Special Day

I slowly opened my eyes to check the time. Man...why do I love checking the time?

'8:23 AM' Eh...I guess I still got that 8 hours sleep I need.

I stood up and saw that Yas and Shiela were already gone. Wow. I'm pretty sure they aren't early risers. Yesterday they woke up two hours after I did, and I pretty much woke up at the same time I did today. Weird.

As I looked around, I felt like I may be forgetting something. Is there something that I should be doing today? I'm sure I should be on my way to Sootopolis City, but Shiela insisted that I stay. Wait...why does she want me to stay? As I tried answering the questions in my mind, I noticed a little note on top of the bedside table.

'Milani, meet us at the Mossdeep Pancake Palace. -S&Y'

I assume 'S&Y' are Shiela and Yas, but that's weird. Why is Shiela actually tolerating Yas? Ugh...so many confusing questions. Whatever.

I fixed myself up. I didn't want my friends to wait for me. Plus, I don't want those pancakes to wait for me as well. Whew. I knew I was forgetting something.

I almost forgot that Mossdeep City had a Pancake Palace.

I left the room and went downstairs. I noticed that the Pokémon Center theme song was played a bit differently today. It's more of a cheerful tone. I wonder what they're celebrating. I didn't bother asking Nurse Joy, so I just got my Pokémon who stayed with the kind nurse all night.

"Milani, I'm sorry, but you see, I was so tired last night that I wasn't able to properly check on your Pokémon. Could you just come back for them a little later?" Nurse Joy said.

"Um...sure...thank you." I said as I left for the Pancake Palace. That was weird, but I understand. Nurse Joy works so hard that she needs some rest. I bet she works harder than I do. I'm in no rush anyway since I'll be sticking around here today.

I used the directions Nurse Joy gave me as I walked along. A sight of a bench came about. I wanted to take a seat for a while because I still feel like I'm forgetting something, and it's not the pancakes.

As I got closer to the bench, a green haired person came into view. WAIT. Green hair? The person came closer and revealed himself. Of course it was him.

"I knew you'd be here for a gym battle." Drew said.

"I already got my badge, Drew. What are you doing here in Mossdeep anyway? I didn't hear of a contest being held here." I said in reply.

"I just need some R&R. I just won my fourth ribbon and my Pokémon are wiped."

"You mean Roselia, right? I doubt you've used Trapinch."

"You got me there. Anyway...I assume you're on your way to Pancake Palace. Mind if I join you?" Wait...isn't he supposed to say something that would make himself look good?

"I'll meet up with some friends there. Do you remember Shiela?"

"Yeah...I remember her. I saw her earlier today with Yas. They told me you'll meet with them, so I waited for you here."

"Let's go then." I said as I walked with my cousin. Why is Drew all of a sudden here? That's weird. Wow. This day has become so weird, and I haven't eaten any breakfast. Seriously...I'm forgetting something.

"You know, Milani. I'm happy that you remembered my birthday last month." Drew said. I'm not really the person who forgets birthdays. That's for sure.

"Of course, Drew. I never forget birthdays."

"I'm not so sure about that."

"Ok...so I may not have an idea on the date today. It's okay. I don't think anyone special that I know is celebrating his or her birthday. Travelling makes you lose track of time." I said as Drew chuckled. "Ok...what's so funny?"