Chapter 7: The Stone Badge

This is it. Today is the day for my gym battle at the Rustboro gym. I already asked Nurse Joy for directions, and I'll be on my way after breakfast. I just hope the gym leader is there ready for a battle. From the information I've heard, Roxanne is a rock-type specialist who also happens to be a teacher at the Trainer's School. She teaches future trainers about the basics of Pokémon, and sometimes Professor Oak gives her students lectures through video chat. I wish we had stuff like that when I was still going to school. Well...science is so amazing.

Drew is still tagging along with me, but we will go separately after my battle. He will head to Verdanturf Town for his next contest. As for me, if I win my gym battle, I'll be on my way to Dewford Town.

*RING*

Who would be calling me now?

'Jonny. Answer call?'

"Hello?" I said to my rival through my PokéNav. Drew, you better not show up now. Where is he anyway?

"Hi there, Milani. I just want to tell you that I still haven't seen Steven at Granite Cave. I looked for him there while I was doing some training." Jonny said.

"Oh. You can't really expect him to be there all the time."

"Yeah...you're right. By the way, have you gone up against Miss Roxanne?"

"Not yet. I'll be on my way to the gym later. I still had to support my cousin in his contest yesterday. I promised him that I'll have my gym battle until after the contest is over."

"How did your cousin do in his contest then?"

"He did well for his first contest. He ended up being the runner-up. So...have you gone up against the Dewford gym?" I had to ask to prevent a further conversation of Drew.

"Not yet...I have to make sure I'm really ready before I go up against the gym leader. Ok...I gotta do some more training now. You should head to the gym too. Ok...take care, Milani."

"Yeah...bye."

As I hung up my PokéNav, the amazing (sarcastically speaking) Drew Hayden appears.

"I was gonna call you that it's time for breakfast, but you were too busy on your precious pink PokéNav. I didn't want to be rude. I don't think you'd want me disturbing you while you're answering a call. It was nice that you and your rival talked about me. That's pretty sweet of you two." Drew teased.

"Yeah...whatever. Where were you?" I asked him.

"I was just walking around. After all, I am leaving Rustboro City later today."

"Let's just have breakfast now."

"Ok sure. You know, Milani, you'll miss having me around."

"You're the one who's gonna miss having me around."

He answered me with a smirk.

-----

We are now having our breakfast here at the Pokémon Center cafeteria. Drew is having a ham and cheese omelette and French toast. I'm having pancakes with extra maple syrup. I hate to admit it, but I will miss having my cousin around. It will be the first time that I'll be travelling on my own. It will be hard, but I have to learn to take responsibility for my self. Wait...I won't be lonely. I have my Pokémon by my side! Yeah! Ok...now to eat these pancakes!

"Yummy! I love these pancakes!" I praised my food.

"Stop acting like a kid, Milani." Drew told me.

"Excuse me, but I'm not acting like a kid."

"Whatever."

After finishing our food, a familiar peach-haired young woman approached us.