Chapter 9: Meeting of a Lifetime

We have finally made it to Dewford Town. I'm staying here at the local Pokémon Center while Mr. Briney left off to some nearby islands last night, but he'll be back in a week. I don't want to wait any longer. I want to challenge the gym right now, but I still have to train. I don't think beating a bunch of Shroomish is enough. I wasn't able to do some real training while we were on the boat, so we have to double time our training. I heard that there are many places around Dewford Island wherein we can train. One of those places is actually Granite Cave which is located around Route 106. Ok...it's training time! Let's do this!

(stomach growls)

Oh right...I haven't eaten any breakfast yet. I might as well go to the cafeteria to get something to eat. After that, it's training time!

I went down to the cafeteria, but unfortunately, it was full. Looks like I'll be eating somewhere else. Ugh...I really wanted the Pokémon Center pancakes. I hope the pancakes here at Dewford are as good as those from Rustboro. It looks like I wouldn't be able to evaluate it. I need to know the best place to eat here, but Nurse Joy looks busy. I checked my PokéNav, and I saw this place called "Dewford Pancake Palace." IS THIS FOR REAL?

I happily skipped outside to look for this pancake palace.

"Hey Milani! Wait up!" I heard someone call. I really wanted to go to the Pancake Palace already, but I didn't want to be rude, so I turned around to see who called me. It turns out that it was my rival, Jonny. Of course it was him. This time, however, I'm glad to see him. Drew won't be here to tease me about him anyway.

"Oh. Hi, Jonny. I see you're still in Dewford Town. Have you gone up against the gym leader?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I have, but I didn't win. The gym leader is really tough. I'm planning to do some training at Granite Cave. Maybe I'll run into Steven this time." Jonny said.

"Hmm...you know I want to meet Steven too. Are you on your way there?"

"Well...not now. I still haven't eaten any breakfast today. How about you? Where were you planning to go to?"

"I'm going to the Dewford Pancake Palace! From the information I got, they make awesome pancakes at an affordable prize!" Great...I now present to you, my addiction to food.

"That sounds awesome. Um...you don't mind if I come along with you, right? After eating, we can go to Granite Cave together and do some training, and hopefully meet Steven. Of course, we'll also have a battle if you want to."

"Um...sure."

"Are you sure you're sure? You know, just because we are rivals doesn't mean we can have breakfast together."

"You're right. Shall we get going then? I NEED TO EAT ALREADY!" Eh...what the heck.

-----

We went inside the Pancake Palace and we got the two-person booth near the windows. It's an awesome place, actually. It's peaceful, and there is a good view of the ocean. I'm really looking forward for my pancakes!!!

"Welcome to the Dewford Pancake Palace! May I please take your order?" The waitress asked.

"I'll have the Double Choco-Berry Pancakes. What about you, Milani?" Jonny ordered.

"Um...um..." It was hard to choose. I wanted to try them all! "Um...I'll have the Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes." I finally said.

"Ok...an order of Double Choco-Berry and an order of Blueberry Cream Cheese. Would you like any drinks with that?" She asked.

"I'll just have some service water." Jonny said.

"Um...I'll have..." I really wanted to have a special drink, but it was hard to choose. Again. "I'll have some service water too." Oh man...I'm too indecisive, but I didn't really want to go all out when I'm eating with someone else. I'm not really the service water kind of person. I'm cool with ordering expensive milkshakes and such if I'm with family, but I'm here with my rival.