Chapter 22: Milani vs. Rafe! A Blazing Battle!

I hurried out the house to get ready for my battle against Rafe at the Battle Tower. Of course, I still had to meet up with Shiela

"Milani!!! Let's go!" Shiela shouted as she dragged me to the Battle Tower.

"Shiela, you do know that today's battles are all tag battles, right?"

"Yes..."

"Do you have your own Pokémon with you?"

"I do have my Electrike with me, but we haven't trained much yet. You can find some other partner there, you know...or you could team up with Rafe so that I could cheer on the both of you!"

"The purpose of me doing this is to beat Rafe. Why would I want to team up with him?"

"Because you love me." I rolled my eyes and remained silent as we arrived at the Battle Tower.

When we entered, Shiela finally let go of me. I guess she went to look for Rafe. I looked around and saw a Castform approach me with glee.

"Castform! Cast!" It cheered. Have I seen this Castform before?

"Milani! Hey! I knew you'd be here." I turned around and saw Jonny. I'm a bit shocked he's here. What is he doing here? Duh Milani. Ask him.

"What are you doing here? I didn't expect you to be here in LaRousse." I asked.

"Well...I just won my badge in Fortree and some guys named Rudolf, Nic, Efren and Peter told me that I should try the Battle Tower in LaRousse City. They said that if I pass by here, I'd get to Mossdeep City faster."

"I'm doing the same thing. Anyway, welcome to LaRousse City!"

"Thanks. Oh...Milani, you are entering the Battle Tower tag battle right?"

"Yes."

"You see...I met this guy named Sid and he said that we should team up for the battle."

"Oh...I haven't found anyone to team up with yet."

"I think they can choose one for you."

"Looks like Melanie made it!" Rafe said as he came in. "Are you entering with your own Pokémon, or are you going to use some rental Pokémon since your team might not be good enough? Oh...and you even brought your boyfriend with you? That's sweet." I blushed.

"WHAT?! First, my name is Milani with the stress on the 'a'. It's not Melanie. Second, he's not my boyfriend! He's my rival and friend named Jonny. Third, I'll have you know that my team is really strong. Oh...and I do want to thank you for calling the rental Pokémon here strong. My mother is the one raising them." I said in reply.

"Wait...what do you mean your mom raised the rental Pokémon here?"

"My mom is the breeder in charge of the rentals. I happen to be from right here in LaRousse City, so stop messing with me. This is my city!"

"Whatever."

"Hey, Rafe!" Some fat kid said as he came in.

"Hi, Sid." Rafe said.

"Anyway..." Sid said. "Jonny, I'm sorry but I'll have to cancel our team up. Since I found out Rafe was gonna be here, I decided I want to team up with him. He is one of my best friends, you know."

"It's fine." Jonny said in reply. "I can team up with Milani instead." Yay. I have a partner.

"Ok...we'll see the both of you in the battlefield." Rafe said as he and Sid left.

"MILANI!!! Have you seen Rafe? I thought he was just here." Shiela said as she ran towards me.

"He was here a while ago. He already went up the elevator to the battlefield, so I should too. Before I forget, Jonny, this is Shiela. Shiela, this is Jonny."