Chapter 15: Desert Madness

"Ugh...we've been walking for hours, and we're still on this desert. We don't even have any food or water. WHY DON'T WE HAVE FOOD?!?!" I complained.

"Stop whining, Milani. It's your own fault for overfeeding yourself a few hours ago." Drew said.

"Oh. Excuuuuuse me! I didn't overfeed myself. I ate enough for me to survive in this desert that we're still stuck on."

"Ugh...my PokéNav is not even getting any signal. How are we supposed to know where we're going? I knew I should have led the way instead of you, Miss Fiery Determination."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Know-It-All! If you think you're so amazing, why are you even tagging along with me? I don't need you in my gym battle and you don't need me in your contest."

"Fine. I'll be off then. You go take a rest here while I go on ahead. I'll get to Fallarbor Town faster."

"Then go! I don't need you here!"

Drew and I have been fighting like this for hours, and well, I can't take him anymore! If he thinks he can handle himself, he should have left Mauville City after his contest was over. I'm pretty sure I can handle myself.

He did leave after I told him to. GOOD. Now I can get on my way. After Lavaridge Town, I'll go straight to Petalburg City. I don't need a pit stop to Fallarbor. I don't even care if there's a Pancake Palace branch there. There are still four more that I can visit without taking a detour in my journey.

I continued forward, but saw nothing but sand. I checked my backpack for some food. I did see some berries, but I always reserve them for my Pokémon. Ah...forget it. I'll just eat one Oran Berry. I'm sure my Pokémon wouldn't mind. Besides, they wouldn't want their trainer to be famished.

Ok...this is still getting out of control. I'm still lost in this desert. It's okay. Drew will just make me even more lost. He thinks that I'm the only one who gets us lost. I think he takes half the blame. Hey. At least I still put some blame unto myself. He just thinks he's so perfect.

I continued walking until I fell and my face is covered in sand. This is getting stupid. Good thing Drew's not here to see this. I hate this desert. I just want some dessert!

I got myself up and saw a Trapinch looking at me. I guess it was this little one that tripped me.

"You know it's not nice to trip people like that." I scolded the Trapinch in the nicest way possible. It just looked at me with a confused face.

"Ok...I'm sorry too for not looking where I'm going." See...I took half the blame. AGAIN.

I continued walking again, and I noticed the Trapinch following me.

"Are you lost too, Trapinch?" It still stared at me.

"Well...do you want to come with me?" It nodded. YAY. A Trapinch. COOL! I mean...HOT! It's too hot in here that I can't feel any coolness. I brought out a PokéBall and Trapinch went inside. I CAUGHT A TRAPINCH! See the good things that happen to me without Drew.

Trapinch was still with me. I only carried 5 Pokémon with me in the event that I might catch a desert Pokémon. This is still so awesome! A Trapinch will become Vibrava, and then it will become Flygon! A Flygon can be totally useful when it comes to gym battles. They're naturally strong.

I walked for an hour more, and I think I've lost it. It's crazy. Wait...was that Trapinch even real? Please, let it be.

I felt my body weaken until I collapsed and my vision went black.

--

(Drew's POV)

Crazy Milani. She always gets me lost. I mean...she always goes to the direction she wants to go. She never gives me the time to speak up. When I finally speak up, she just gets mad. Oh...and it's definitely her own fault that we ran out of food. She always eats like a Snorlax that just woke up from its nap. She doesn't have to get mad at me for our scarcity of food. I need to eat too. She should know that. And people call her the caring one.