Chapter 3: Petalburg Blues

It was a long walk, but we have finally made it to Petalburg City, home of my first badge...I hope. I wanted to run straight to the gym, but my Pokémon are tired from all the battles we faced in Route 102. Those youngsters and their Zigzagoon were no match for me and my team. That's right. Back at Route 101, I caught this cute little Zigzagoon that knows how to use Ice Beam. It's so cool, literally. I also caught a cute little Wurmple that has already evolved into a Silcoon. I can't wait for it to evolve into Beautifly.

I brought my Pokémon into the Pokémon Center so that Nurse Joy can check on them. Drew also gave his Roselia to her that she can be checked too.

"You're Milani, right?" the kind nurse asked.

"Yes I am."

"Someone wants you to call the Pokémon Center in Viridian City."

"Ok...thank you, Nurse Joy."

I bet it's Leaf. I dialed the Pokémon Center in Viridian City and saw the face on the video phone. I'm not shocked at all.

"Hey Milani! Hey Drew! I see that you guys have made it to Petalburg City. I heard the new gym there is really tough." Leaf started off.

"Well...I did tell Milani that this gym might be too tough for her, so I told her to go to Rustboro first, but she's just too stubborn." Drew told her.

"HEY! I'll have you know we did lots of training at Route 102. I bet I can take on the gym!" I slightly shouted.

"Yeah, yeah...we'll see."

"Enough of the fighting you two. So Milani, which Pokémon did you end up getting from Professor Birch?" Leaf asked.

"I got this awesome Torchic! I also caught a Zigzagoon that knows Ice Beam and a Wurmple that is now a Silcoon." I told my cousin proudly.

"Well that's great, Milani! I also have good news! Take a look at this." Leaf said as she showed us her new Pokémon. Drew and I gasped. We couldn't believe that Leaf finally got her dream Pokémon- Bulbasaur.

"Remember when I told you guys that Professor Oak wanted to see me? He gave me this little cutie here. Now we're gonna train hard and beat all the gyms here in the Kanto region!"

"Well, that's awesome, Leaf. Good luck!" I told her.

"Good luck to you too. You too, Drew. Ok...I gotta go now. I still have to go through Viridian Forest so I can get to Pewter City. Good bye. Take care. Talk to you guys soon!" Leaf said as she cut the line before we could even say our goodbyes.

"I guess she's now just as perky as you, Milani." Drew teased.

"It runs in the family, Drew. You just have not discovered it."

"Whatever, Milani."

Chansey then came to us, giving back our Pokémon.

It was getting late, so I decided to challenge the gym tomorrow. We got a room here at the Pokémon Center.

------

Drew was already sleeping like a baby while I was still wide awake. I couldn't wait for my gym battle tomorrow. I've asked Nurse Joy about the gym leader. She told me that the gym leader's name is Norman and he specializes on normal type Pokémon. She gave me the directions on how to get to the gym. She even called him so that he will be informed that I will be at the gym tomorrow. Like everyone else, she warned on how difficult the Petalburg gym could be. They said that the gym is not really for beginners. There is no badge limit in the gym, so I didn't mind what they said. I'm not saying it will be a piece of cake, but I think I can handle it.