Chapter 19: Weather I Like It or Not

A/N: The title is a pun. Though I think you already know that. Just in case.

--

This is just great.

I’ve been travelling for days, and I still haven’t gotten to Fortree City. Just when I thought I entered the right route, I end up getting more lost. I tried following the directions using my PokéNav, but I’m still in places unknown.

I was told that I would see the Weather Institute on my way to Fortree City. Seeing that place means I’m on the right track. Well…I haven’t seen it still.

On my journey of being lost, I did come across a lot of trainers. Well…I did come all the way from Petalburg City, so I still had to pass by Oldale Town and Mauville City before I got here. Oh…this time, I made use of the Cycling Road when I got to Route 110…of course I’m still not the fastest rider. I came across this biker gang there, but my team managed to sweep theirs. After that, I came across this river and battled a bunch of fishermen. As expected, we swept them all. I didn’t have a boat…and I don’t even have a water type, so crossing the river was difficult. Amazingly and unexpectedly, my Linoone can actually use Surf. Eh. I don’t need a water type after all. I thought I had to force myself to fish for a Magikarp, and then evolve it to Gyarados.

I also stopped by this Berry Master’s House and got a bunch of berries for my journey. Cool. I even got some rare berries that can be used for making PokéBlock, though I wasn’t sure if I could use them since I don’t really enter contests.

After stopping by there, I came back to the area with the fishermen and took a north turn instead. According to my PokéNav, I’m going to the right direction…hopefully. I’m surrounded by a bunch of tall grass, so I couldn’t see where I’m going. While going around the grass, a bunch of Pokémon Trainers challenged me to a battle. With my amazing team, of course we won them all.

I decided to take a break when I saw this lone area without tall grass. Good. It’s lunchtime! Time to make my Milani’s Special Scrambled Eggs again. Oh great. I’ve been eating eggs for the past days, and now I am out of stock. Ugh…this is fantastic (sarcastically speaking). I’m lost and out of food. I guess I’ll have to eat some berries.

I went to a forest area to look for some food. I didn’t want to eat the berries I have in stock because I knew my Pokémon needed them more. Oh…and most of them aren’t even that appealing to a human’s taste buds. I ended finding this apple tree. Yay. Apples! I took some, but as I took a bite out of one of the apples I picked, raindrops started to fall.

Well…so much for a good day.

I decided to run for some shelter, but then sunlight came about. Weird. That rain escalated quickly. Ok…back on my journey to Fortree.

I walked for the next 30 minutes, until I realized that I’ve been going in circles. I didn’t want to bring out my PokéNav since the weather is so weird right now. The sun will shine, and then it will rain. What’s next?

I had to ask.

A hailstorm followed as I was stuck in the middle of nowhere. THANK YOU INDECISIVE WEATHER. Ugh…I need to get out of here!

I went to find more shade, just to see the sun shining again. And it was crazy hot! CRAZY WEATHER. I didn’t want to take risks anymore today. I had to find a place to stay until the weather would be sunny for at least 2 hours.

As I looked for a place to stay, I saw Carson, a boy who I battled with a while ago. He had this Linoone, but it wasn’t as awesome as my Linoone.

“Linoone, use Slash!” Carson said as he commanded his Pokémon.

“Castform, use Weather Ball!” I heard a familiar voice say. What? Could it be? I quietly peeked as their battle continued. I wanted to know if the voice I heard belonged to a certain someone I know. Yup…it’s him. Mr. Jonathan Atria. Cool. He got himself a Castform. WAIT. HE GOT A RARE POKÉMON?