Chapter 14: The Dynamo Badge

I find myself standing in front of the Mauville Gym. Well…actually, I’m not alone. Drew is standing right behind me since he wants to watch my gym battle. We wanted us to go to Route 111 together since he thinks I’ll get lost in the desert. After all, he is a gooood cousin.

I did all the necessary adjustments to my rotation, now all I have to do is enter this gym.

“So…”Drew started off. “What are you waiting for? Make them feel your presence by saying ‘I’m here for a gym battle’ and then someone comes out from the door and says ‘Oh you must be Melanie’ and then you’re gonna say ‘Um…it’s Milani, not Melanie’.” I just rolled my eyes.

“Excuse me, but are you here for a gym battle?” A man wearing glasses said as he approached us.

“Yes, sir.” I answered.

“Oh, I’m sorry, but Wattson isn’t here at the moment. Maybe you could try again later.”

“Oh. May I ask where he is?”

“He’s near the power plant. He’s tending to some electric type Pokémon right now.”

“Thank you. Will this afternoon be okay for Wattson?”

“I think so. May at least get your name so I could tell him?”

“My name is Milani.”

“Oh…so you’re Milani. Wattson and I have been told about you by a previous challenger named Jonny. My name is Watt, by the way. I’m Wattson’s assistant.”

“Nice to meet you, Watt. Ok…we better go now. I’ll come back a little later.” I said as we left.

Drew was chuckling. I don’t really get why.

“I have told about you by a previous challenger, huh.” He teased. OF COURSE IT WAS ABOUT THAT.

“Ugh…it’s annoying how Jonny’s always a step ahead of me. That’s because I have to take care of some coordinator.”

“That’s because you love me, Milani.”

“Yeah…yeah. I’m a great cousin. I know that.”

He just smirked and flicked his hair. “Yeah…you’re great. I’ll give you that.” He said in a sarcastic tone as we arrived near the power plant. I don’t even know how we got here.

“See where your self-appreciation got us? Now how are you supposed to go back to the gym or the Pokémon Center?” Drew said.

“We have PokéNavs. Besides, we didn’t go that far.” He just smirked. AGAIN.

At one area, we saw an old man tending to an Electrike. Then, I remembered what Watt said.

“Hold, Drew. Didn’t Watt tell us that Wattson’s here at the power plant? Do you think that guy is Wattson?”

“I guess so.”

I didn’t hesitate to approach him, but I was careful. I didn’t want to scare the Electrike. Suddenly, a Thundershock was fired right in front of them.

“PIIIKKKAAA!” The Pokémon shouted. WOW. AN ACTUAL PIKACHU!!!!

“So you’re here to cause trouble again, huh?” The old man said to the Pikachu.

“PIKA!” Pikachu shouted as he attacked the Electrike, who was eating an Oran Berry. Actually, the old man has a lot of berries.

“Well…you’re not stealing food from Electrike again!”

“PIKAAA-CHUUUU!” Pikachu fired another Thundershock in front of the old man again. I had to take action. I know it’s a cute little Pikachu, but it was causing trouble. I’m like a certified troublemaker buster now.