Special: The Legend of the Medallion Temple

A/N: This is a flashback chapter. Milani is only 7 in this one.

-----

Drew, Leaf and I are playing around the rose garden when we saw this cute little Budew.

"Do you think it wants to play with us?" I asked my cousins. They weren't sure, but I decided to approach Budew anyway.

"Are you lost? Do you want to come with us?" I asked the Pokémon. She nodded and came along with me. For some reason, she was really interested in Drew's hair.

"Aw...I see this one likes me. Sorry, Milani." Drew said. I pouted.

"Hmm...I wonder why she's here in the first place." Leaf thought. We had no idea, so we had to ask an adult about it. We saw mom.

"Mommy...look we found a Budew outside!" I told my mom.

"That's great, sweety. Where did you kids find it?" She asked.

"Outside. At the rose garden."

"I guess it likes the roses then." I smiled at the thought this Pokémon fell in love with our garden. I don't blame it. Madame Rosalie did a wonderful job with the garden.

"Oh my." Mom suddenly said, "Looks like this little one's hurt. It looks like it was harmed by bad people, but don't worry, I fix this one up."

"Auntie...why do people hurt Pokémon?" Leaf asked.

"Unfortunately, some people get selfish with power, but we the good guys can stop them. You know what, after I fix up this Budew, I will tell you kids a short story."

-----

Mom was done taking care of Budew. The three of us were sitting on the floor, and Budew was resting on Drew's lap. Mom was sitting on the reading chair.

"This is the story about the Legend of the Medallion Temple..."

A young man lived in the serene place of Primea City, Pikan. Although he is a simple man, he was not ordinary. He had the Medallion Heart. It signified his pure intentions of protecting the forces of nature, and the unity between humans and Pokémon. The young man understood the feelings of Pokémon and he despises the misuse and abuse of them.

However, this power can also be used for evil. It can give power to those who find the Medallion Scepter. This allows the Medallion Heart to be paralyzed and drained, while the energy becomes impure.

The family of the young man were afraid that their son will get misused because of his power. They told him that he should never reveal his true identity, even to the people he trusts the most.

The young man had gone on an adventure, and he made lots of good friends. There was this one girl, however, that was most special to him.

She also radiated in purity. She was the one who strengthened him to become his best. She was actually in love with him, but he can never know.

The young man always thought the girl was special, but that was about it. He didn't feel a hint of romance.

One day, he came across another girl. This girl, however, stole the young man's heart. She seemed innocent and beautiful. He trusted her so much that he neglected what his family said. He told him that he had the Medallion Heart.

The two of them walked along the beaches of Primea, and suddenly they felt a temple rising. The girl was amused, but the young man was scared. He knew this meant trouble for him.

The temple was only to be risen when an evil force comes in contact with the Medallion Heart. It was inside that temple where the Medallion Scepter was held.

As the temple rose from the ground, the couple was attacked by dark forces.

The young man opened his eyes and found himself inside the temple tied up.

"We have finally put the finishing touches of this beautiful tower. We finally have the Medallion Heart! Now let your powers shine upon me!" A man holding the Medallion Scepter shouted.

Beside the man was the girl he loved, and she was smiling evilly. He was betrayed by her. She worked with the evil man. Not only that. She was the daughter of the man. He never felt so foolish for trusting her.

He felt his energy being drained out of him. He thought it will be over for him. It will be over for the world.

Suddenly, a fire guardian came to his rescue. This fire guardian was radiating with purity, strength and love. He opened his eyes and realized that this fire guardian was his old friend. The one who he thought left him. She came back when he needed her.

He realized something. She was the one he loved after all. The fire guardian burned down the scepter, never to be used to anyone again. The temple was given new life. It now served for protection instead of housing destruction.

The young man and the fire guardian lived in peace as the protectors of the world.

-----

"Wow! That fire guardian was really awesome. Goodness shall prevail!" I shouted.

"You sound so lame right now." Drew told me. I just pulled out my tongue.

"Do you think the Medallion Temple is real, mom?" I asked.

"I don't know, dear. It's just a legend. But let me tell that you should always fight for what is right. It's getting late, kids. You better go to sleep now." Mom told us.

"Auntie Sophia, can we keep Budew?" Drew asked.

"Ask your mother, not me, but I don't think she'll mind."

We all left and went up to our rooms.

-----

A/N: Sorry if the legend was lame. I'm not really good at making stuff like that. Oh well. But if you like it, then yay!