Chapter 12: I Don't Know How to Ride a Bike

According to my PokéNav, it is only 6:31 AM. We are now at Route 110, and boy is it a long one. At least it's just long, not confusing.

"It will probably take us the whole day to travel this route." Jonny said. "Look over there!" He pointed to a sign.

'GET TO MAUVILLE CITY FAST! CYCLING ROAD: NOW OPEN! OPEN 24 HOURS! FREE RENTAL BICYCLES AVAILABLE!'

"Come on, Milani! Let's take the Cycling Road so that we can get to Mauville City faster!" Jonny said as he pulled me towards the building that housed the Cycling Road. I'll be honest. I don't want to take this path. I'd rather take the long-cut. I might see some new Pokémon. I need a way to get out of this.

"We're here, Milani." He said. "Is there something wrong? You haven't spoken since we got to Route 110."

"I'm fine." No, I wasn't. I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!

"Welcome to the Cycling Road!" A man exclaimed. "My name is Rydel. How my I help you?"

"We would like to pass through the Cycling Road, please." Jonny said.

"Do you have your own foldable bicycle?"

"No...I hope we can have rental bicycles."

"I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I only have one bike left." THIS IS MY CHANCE!

"Oh. I guess we'll just wait for a bike to return. We can wait a little right, Milani?"

"You know what...I decided that I'll just take the long-cut. You go on ahead to Mauville City. I bet there's a lot of cool Pokémon down there waiting for me. I still need to strengthen my team before I take on the Mauville Gym." I told him. Finally, I found a way out.

"But it'll take you a day to get to Mauville City that way." He said with concern.

"I won't miss my cousin's contest. You can just go to Mauville City, and go straight for the gym. I'll just see you when I see you." Honestly, I still didn't want to say goodbye to Jonny, but for my own sake, it's better that way.

"Are you sure?"

"Definitely. Besides, I have my PokéNav, so there's no way I'll get lost."

"Okay then, if you insist. I'll just meet you in Mauville City then, but you should have caught a new Pokémon, okay?"

"Of course I'll get a new Pokémon. Don't be so worried about me. Lighten up, will ya?"

"Ok. I'll be off then. See you soon."

"Take care!"

Jonny went inside the Cycling Road using the last rental bike while I went off back to Route 110. Well...this is gonna be a long road, but I have to take this for my own sake. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to catch a new Pokémon. Besides, I'll just embarrass myself if I take the Cycling Road.

I have a confession to make...uh...well...a self-confession since I'm talking to myself. I don't know how to ride a bike. You didn't really need them back at LaRousse. Besides, it's not just me. I'm pretty sure Meriel and Drew don't know how to ride bikes either, although I'm sure Leaf learned how to when she was still living in Pallet Town. Whatever. I know I made the right decision.

--

I've been walking through the route for 3 hours now, and I already caught 3 new Pokémon. OH YEAH! I knew I wouldn't disappoint. I managed to catch a Surskit, a Skitty and a Meditite. Skitty and Meditite, though, were sent to Professor Birch's laboratory since I can only carry around 6 Pokémon. I'll just have to call him so that I could switch Pokémon. I will have to have different rotations from now on so that all my Pokémon will have the chance to get stronger.