Chapter 6: Contest Time. Honesty Time

The day is finally here. It's finally time for the Rustboro City Pokémon Contest. This will be Drew's contest debut. It's the first time that I felt excited for him. Why am I so jumpy? It's not even my battle.

Drew already left earlier so that he can register on time. I'll be going there a little later. It's a good thing I got a contest pass of my own. You couldn't enter backstage without one.

I did some light training with all my Pokémon today, but I can't stay longer. I have to go to the contest hall now so that I can get a good seat.

-----

I have now arrived at the contest hall to watch the contest. Before going to my seat, I decided to visit Drew backstage.

I went inside his room, and I saw that he was nervous. I kept calling his name, but it's like he can't even hear me. I went closer to him and shook him.

"Pull yourself together, Drew!!!" I told him while shaking him.

"H-h-h-hey! W-when did you get here?" He asked.

"I can't believe you're trembling like this. I've never seen you act so weird like this before other than the time back in Petalburg City." Of course I never forgot Petalburg.

"I'm sorry, Milani. It's just that everyone here looks good."

"You worked hard for this. You can do it! You can win! You gotta believe you can." I never thought I'd be so encouraging to him.

"B-b-but..." He trailed off.

Suddenly, a young peached-haired woman came near us.

"Hmm...I assume this is your first contest?" She asked Drew.

"Uh...yes...is it that obvious?" Drew asked.

"It kinda is. Don't worry. I know you worked hard for this one. You just have to believe in your Pokémon because if they feel you're nervous, they will be too. And you know, once you get on stage, you won't even feel the audience. It's just you and your Pokémon."

"I never thought of it that way. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome. My name is Solidad by the way."

"Nice to meet you, Solidad. My name is Drew."

"It's nice to meet you too, Drew, how about your friend over here?"

"Oh...this is Milani, my cousin." I just bowed.

"Well, it's nice to meet the both of you. It's almost show time. I hope you do well, Drew."

Wow...Drew was lucky Solidad came around. I don't I'll be able to calm down Drew the way she did.

"Ok...good luck, Drew." I told my cousin as I went to my seat.

-----

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the Rustboro City Pokémon Contest. Coordinators have gathered around for this spectacular event, and I guarantee you this will be quite a show. My name is Vivian Meridian, your emcee for today. Let me introduce to you our esteemed panel of judges! First, we have the head of the contest committee, Mr. Raoul Contesta!"

"I would like welcome everybody to this spectacular show."

"Our next judge is the president of the Pokémon Fan Club, Mr. Sukizo!"

"Remarkable!"

"And last but not least, give it up for Rustboro City's very own Nurse Joy!"

"It's an honor to be here!"

"Now that we have introduced your judges, we'll now start with the contest! First up, we have Solidad from Pewter City!"

Wow. Even though I live in a coordinating family, it's the first time I'll be watching a contest. Who knew the atmosphere could be this intense? I hope Drew's doing alright back there. Oh wait...it's Solidad! I wonder what kind of Pokémon she's got.