Chapter 28: Hoenn League (Part I)

“Good morning, Milani.” Nurse Joy greeted. “I’ve done a thorough examination on your Pokémon and I’m glad to inform you that all of them are in top form for the Hoenn League Championship.”

“Thank you so much, Nurse Joy.” I said as I took my Pokémon back.

We’ve been here in Ever Grande City for two days now, and I’ve been doing some last minute training. Tomorrow, it will already be the preliminary rounds. According to the guide book, I will only use one Pokémon in this one.

I continued walking to the dining area where Drew, Meriel and Shiela were waiting for me.

“So…are you ready for tomorrow?” Shiela asked.

“Yup. But first, I want to do some training.” I replied.

“Where will you do your training?” Drew asked.

“I don’t know, but it has to be somewhere near here.”

Nurse Joy then walked in and turned on the television. Looks like Pokémon Battles Hourly is on. Cool! I watched intently.

“Ok ok! Pokémon fans! Let us now take a closer look at the Johto League Silver Conference! The competition is now heating up for the Victory Tournament is here! Let us now take a look at the action. Harrison from Littleroot Town took home the first victory of this round. Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town then took the next victory. It wasn’t just any battle for the young trainer, as it was a battle against his longtime rival, Gary Oak. And now…we are currently having the battle between Alexander Mason from Ecruteak City and Jon Dickson from Sento Cherry Town. Who will win? We’ll update you guys a little later. And now…let us now move on to Hoenn where the Ever Grande Championships will begin tomorrow! A group of 128 hopefuls will be competing for the title. Who will take it all? Tune in!”

“Wow.” I said. “The action there is Johto looks pretty intense. Harrison is doing pretty well over there.”

“You know him, Milani?” Shiela asked.

“He’s a friend of mine from Littleroot. He and Leaf were rivals back when they were competing here in Hoenn last year.”

“Oh.”

“I thought you were gonna do some training.” Drew said. I turned to face him.

“I am! Let’s go!” I said as I stood up.

“Milani, there is this forest near here. Maybe you could do your training there. A friend of mine named Tyson is staying there for a while. He could help you with your training.” Meriel said.

“Good. Tell your friend that we’ll be there!”

--

We were walking on our way to the forest when the temperature suddenly dropped. Little icicles then started falling down followed by a snowfall.

“Whoa…it’s snowing…in Hoenn?” Shiela wondered.

“It is weird.” I replied. But then again…this happened before on my way to Fortree City. “Or…maybe there are some trainers doing training nearby and their Pokémon is using Hail.”

“Wow…that was oddly specific.” Drew said.

“It happened before to me. I don’t want to look back into the details of it.”

“If that’s the case, we should just move along then. The cabin’s nearby.” Meriel said as we continued walking.

We were shivering because of the cold…and mostly because we weren’t wearing any jackets. Only Drew is the one not feeling the cold. Well duh…he’s always wearing that black turtleneck.