Chapter 17: Realizations

After riding the Mt. Chimney Cable Car and going through Route 113, we finally made it to Fallarbor Town. Obviously, we decided to head to the Pokémon Center. My Pokémon were all worn out from all the battling they did in Route 113. I left them with Nurse Joy while Drew did some last minute polishing with Roselia.

"Excuse me, are you Miss Milani Lionel?" Nurse Joy asked.

"Yes, that's me."

"I got this message for you from the Petalburg City Gym. They delivered it through the Wingull Express."

'Wingull Express: Delivering your messages in a blink of an eye.'

"Um...thank you." I said as I took the note and walked away. Why would I get a message from the Petalburg gym? I opened the note to find out. It's quite a long message, actually.

'Milani, I was informed by a friend of yours who challenged the gym that you'll be coming back here to Petalburg City after you visit Fallarbor Town. In case you want to know, the friend of yours who told me was Jonny. He told me how strong you've become, and I'm looking forward to that in our rematch. Oh, may I ask you another favor? You see...my daughter, May, is celebrating her 10th birthday in a week and I was wondering if you could make it. I want her to have an idea on how Pokémon battles work, and I was hoping that you and Jonny could do a little demonstration battle. She isn't really that fond of Pokémon yet, so maybe with your help, we could convince her to go on a journey by next season. You can have your gym battle the day after. What do you say? I hope you could make it. I'd really appreciate it, and I'm sure May will too. -Norman'

Hmm...would I make it in time?

"Whatcha got there? Another letter from Mr. Atria?" Drew teased.

"No...it's an invitation from Norman, the Petalburg gym leader. He wants Jonny and I to do an exhibition battle for his daughter."

"His daughter?"

"Yes...his daughter. Her birthday is coming up. What else do you want me to say?"

"Nothing."

"WAIT! Hold on...I almost forgot that your Petalburg girl is the gym leader's daughter!" I said teasingly. This is gonna be fun.

"You couldn't be so sure that the girl I saw was really Norman's daughter."

"Hmm...blue eyes, brown hair and a red bandana, right?"

"Yes...but don't be so sure you'll see her wear the same bandana again."

"We'll see...oh by the way, in case you're curious, her name is actually..."

"Hi Drew! It's nice to see you in this contest." Three girls said as they approached him.

"Hey, I remember you three. You're April, June and July, right?"

"YUP! Since we got along so well in Mauville City, we decided to travel together." April said.

"We just have so many common interests that there was no denying fate wanted us to meet." June added.

"Now, we decided to call ourselves the Monthy Girls!" July exclaimed. MONTHY GIRLS?

"Um...that's fascinating." Drew said. "I wanna ask something to you three..."

"What is it?" April asked.

"Let us guess..." June said.

"You want to ask us where May is." July said. I chuckled lightly. I am so tempted to say 'Hey, I know a May. She's from Petalburg City. She's the gym leader's daughter.'