Chapter 25: The Rain Badge

After spending my birthday in Mossdeep City, we are now riding an express ferry to Sootopolis City. I know it's a lot more fun to go island hopping across Izabe Island, but I really need to get that eighth badge.

Drew went on to Pacifidlog Town to compete in the contest there. According to the news just this afternoon, he already won the contest, giving him his fifth ribbon and his entry to the Grand Festival.

Shiela is traveling with me because she thought I could use a travelling buddy. She thinks I get lonely. I'm really not lonely because I've got my Pokémon with me (which pretty much sounds so cliché). Since she's been tagging along, I helped her train her Electrike.

Meriel is also travelling with me because she wants to visit Sootopolis. Duh. She's a fan of Juan, the gym leader there. She's such a big fan that she didn't care about not getting the gym leader role, although she decided that she wanted to be a breeder so gym leadership isn't even in her options. In spite that she's still a powerful trainer.

We came across this awesome battlefield on board that can be used by the passengers. Me being me, I wanted to challenge her to a battle. Since my sister has a knack of water types (contrary to me who has zero water types since my Surskit evolved into Masquerain), she could really help me get ready for my gym battle. Shiela just sat quietly on the bench while she was holding on to my Pokémon Egg. Meriel and I went to our position.

"Are you ready, Milani? I've been waiting for this battle against you for a long time." Meriel said.

"I'm always ready, sis. So, how many Pokémon will we use?"

"Just a simple one-on-one match. I don't want all your Pokémon to get exhausted by battling me. They'll need all the energy they can use for the gym battle."

"Ok...so...shall we get started?"

"Let the battle begin! I choose you, Sealeo!"

"Ok...Pikachu, it's time to shine!"

"You get the first move, Milani."

"Alright. Pikachu, Quick Attack!"

"Dodge and use Ice Ball!" Sealeo started with a small ice ball that was quickly launched.

"Deflect it with Thunderbolt!" Pikachu's attack destroyed the block of ice.

"Ice Ball again!" Sealeo formed a bigger ice ball, although it wasn't as speedy as the first one.

"Pikachu use Rock Smash on that Ice Ball!" Well...I had to teach Pikachu non-electric moves too. Pikachu destroyed that ice with great force. Of course, he also took some damage with that.

"Now go for Water Pulse!"

"Pikachu, direct a Thunderbolt on that Water Pulse!" A strong electrical current was introduced to the strong wave of water that Sealeo formed. The strong attack managed to hit Sealeo directly.

"Sealeo!" Sealeo is unable to battle.

"We did it, Pikachu!" I cheered as Pikachu ran to me.

"Good job, Milani. Looks like you're ready for your gym battle. Of course, Juan's Pokémon will be a lot harder to defeat. I'm warning you. He has defenses ready for electric types."

"Thanks. I know he'll be prepared with his defense. We'll just have to make sure that we know how to counter his defense."

"MILANI!!! The egg! It's glowing!" Shiela exclaimed. I looked at the egg and it was glowing white. I've seen this before. I ran towards Shiela and grabbed the egg case. We immediately ran to our room.

I took the cover off and held on to the glowing egg. Meriel prepared a small tub of water and a few towels. I laid the egg on the table as we waited. Soon...the egg cracked and glowed again. It's about to hatch!