Chapter 26: Talking Thinking and Teasing

Meriel, Shiela and I went around Sootopolis to do some sight-seeing. It's a good thing the weather's fine now compared to yesterday. I'm in no rush to get out of the city. I just wanted to relax today and spend time with Squirtle. It's about time I show him more of the outside world.

We walked towards the harbor where Meriel and Shiela did some window shopping. I followed them around as I cradled Squirtle.

"Milani! Check this out." Shiela said as she flashed me this Mudkip keychain.

"It's a Mudkip keychain, Shiela. What would you want me to do with it?" I asked.

"You like? I couldn't find a Blaziken one. I really want a Blaziken keychain."

"So why Mudkip?"

"This Mudkip one is for Meriel."

"But why did you say you wanted a Blaziken?"

"Because it will remind me of your battle yesterday." She grinned.

"Really? Or is it because it will remind you of Rafe?"

"You got me there, Mils. I'll just buy this Mudkip one and I'll look at the other merch they have here."

"Go ahead. I'll just go around the harbor some more."

"Kk." She said as I walked along.

I noticed that a ship had just docked. I saw six familiar looking boys come out of it, and they were holding signs. Well...each of them was holding a letter. As I looked closer, I saw that their signs spelled 'J-O-N-N-Y-!' Oh great. Group Seven's here.

"Ok guys, drop those already. You're embarrassing me." Jonny told his friends as he hopped off the ship.

"Ok ok. That's enough guys. We already know Mr. Hot-Shot-Atria can win his gym battle." Yas said.

"Woo!" The rest except Jonny cheered.

"Thanks..." Jonny said as he looked to where I was standing. "Hey, Milani!" He waved at me.

"Ohhh! It's Milani." Gab teased. Oh great.

"Go, Jonathan. Go there!" Irwin added. Jonny gave him a mean look, so I approached them instead.

"Hey. Guess what? I just won my eighth badge yesterday." I said proudly. I didn't want to bring the badge out with extreme excitement. I might startle Squirtle.

"Really? Congratulations, Milani. You see, we just got here."

"Yup! I'm finally ahead."

"That's nice. I plan on battling the gym today, so I hope I do well." He then looked at Squirtle. "I see you got a new friend there."

"Oh. I got this Squirtle when he was just an egg. He just hatched two days ago. I got him from my parents."

"Oh...a birthday gift, I see. Did you see ours?"

"Yeah...I have that Torchic plushie in my room."

"Eli! Hey there, is Shiela with you?" Yas butted in.

"Yes, Yas." I chuckled. "She's doing some window shopping with my sister."

"That's nice." Yas replied.

"So...I heard Drew won the Pacifidlog Contest." Jonny said as he changed the topic.

"Yeah. He'll be in the Grand Festival."

"MILANI!!! Where are you?" I heard Shiela yell.

"I better go guys. Bye, Group Seven!" I said.

"Are you saying bye to all of us? Or just Jonny?" Gab teased. Man...Gab is such a teaser.