☁︎ 4

· 4 · Anxious ·

A cool shower after today's warm up; I enter my sisters bedroom with my basket of old armor, slightly bouncing with each step hyping myself up before today's battle.

Surrounded by the light wooden walls of Tiara's bedroom, floating fairy lights along the borders and the scent of lavender lingers in the air. Art supply's and pieces scattered around. Murals along the walls and paint stains on the dark floor.

I look at her drawing sketching on a tan canvas on her floor, her current project of black charcoal. I've always admired Tiara's work, and was slightly jealous of her talent.

I stand on the side of her bed going through a weaved basket of my old armor, seeing what's good and pulling out certain pieces that perhaps my stylist can re-use.

"I should to get more metal, but I think Jewel got me some." Jewel my stylist. The lady who gets me ready every battle.

"Why?" She ask, looking up at my with here bright blue eyes.

"These are so busted, but I think she got me new ones." I graze my thumb on an ugly scratch.

"When was the last time you got yourself new armor?"

"I don't remember" Letting out a breathy laugh. "I'm not using these." I place my old armor back in the basket and walk out her room to put it under my bed.

"Why?" She ask from her room.

"I got better one's at the arena." I call out.

I'm a fighter at the Golden State Arena. It's my home stadium. Fighters have their prep rooms in their home arenas to prepare for their battles.

I go back into her room and look at myself in her rusty mirror. Wearing all black fitted clothing, and sigh.

Tiara. My sister. Smooth pale skin, short black hair that accentuate her face beautifully. She's tall and walks with elegance and confidence. Pearly straight white teeth and ocean blue eyes that'll leave you in a trance.

I glance at her on the floor creating and perfecting her art. A skill she's worked on since we were children. I've always admired her. I always thought she was so perfect.

"Is it true?" She ask, in a more serious tone. Getting up and slightly towering over me and stands next to me, our eyes meet through the mirror.

"What?" I ask curiously, arching a brow.

"Athena versus Moira. Your battling Moira today." She states. I sigh. Posters and banners about it hung everywhere I went. I was constantly reminded.

I've never seen him in person. I've seen plenty of posters and murals of him though. Each painted of him with very light, olive skin, brown wavy hair and gray eyes. So I have a mental picture of what he looks like.

He battles in another arena, 'The Spades' I think, which is in another town. Today he was coming into the city to go against me. Rumors were also heard that he came last week but no one has seen him.

He's an absorber. Absorbers can absorb anything and use it. Although, I've heard the ability is difficult to master and control.

I'm not quite sure on how to feel.

"Yeah, I got the letter at my last battle." Each battle I get a green letter with a golden stamp, notice of my next opponent.

She looked at me with worried eyes. Why?

"Are you nervous?"

She's never asked me that before.

"A little." I fiddle with my golden pendant. "But I'm not scared." I add, trying to sound more confident to ease her a little.

She takes a deep breath. She had never been anxious before my battles.

"You ready?" She ask.

"Of course."