☁︎︎ 12

12 • into town •

When we left, Leia was resting. Lunelle gave me one of her jackets and boots. It fit a little small being that she was skinner than me but none the less I was fully clothed and covered as we walked to the market, dressed as basic and simple as possible to blend in.

When we crossed the small street and entered the somewhat crowded plaza, it was late evening so it wasn't as busy, but enough people to get lost in.

I scan the area, memorizing it. A massive water fountain with a golden statue of a beautiful pregnant woman wrapped in silk, holding her stomach stood tall.

Carts and shelves parked in front of each store. Some with food, some with clothing and others will trinkets and decoration. Fireflies flying around the plaza lighting up the stone streets.

It was a small town, very different than the large city I was born and raised in.

Lost in adoration of the view, Lunelle breaks the trance. "That statue was made for queen Loretta." He tells me.

"The queen."

"Yeah, the royal castle actually isn't too far away."

His statement about the castle being near makes me nervous. If it's true that the queen is hunting me down, I want to be as far as possible from the castle.

"It's still quite the travel away but..." He looks at me. "The statue was made for queen Lanette and her bravery, beauty and generosity." We walk closer to the statue. "And a symbol of women, all the women who've defended, protected and assisted this kingdom."

"I'm well aware." I slowly say as I walk closer to the statue, blue biolumiecent butterflies fluttering around it.

When I look closer at her features, her beauty is more prominent. The statue is made of  gold so there's no color difference but you could still see the features. She has full lips, smooth skin, long curly hair and a curvy body.

"She seemed like an amazing queen." Lunelle says.

"Everyone loved her, didn't they."

Her legacy was permanent.

"They still do. She's very remembered in this town. I heard she'd even come down to the villages sometimes, which is something because not many leaders actually care to truly connect with their people. After hearing the stories it makes sense why people honor her so much."

"The statue is a lot more beautiful in person." I say out loud as we both look up at Queen Lanette.

"It is." He breaks the moments and ask me, "Want me to show you some of the best markets in downtown? It's not as crowded as it normally is so..."

"No, we should just get what you came for, I don't want to-"

"No, no! Come on." Lunelle grabs my wrist and runs towards an antique shop.

The front sign hangs from a wooden pole in front, I didn't get time to read the sign but the shape of wings were engraved on it.

Lunelle and I walked through the wooden double doors into a large, an elegant yet rustic store.

The borders of the store were aligned with floating lanterns and fairy lights. The smell of warm vanilla fills the air.

At the very end, freezer shelves are filled with floating bottles of different alcohol beverages.