☁︎ 29

29 • dusk •

Woke up at dusk. The night sky and bright stars illuminated the balcony outside the window while the room remained dark.

I swisted and turned to go back to sleep but it was useless. I couldn't go back to sleep and the peace I once felt in this bed was somewhat gone. I layed in bed for an unknown amount of time, waiting for nothing. Staring off into nothingness.

I heard the strong fluttering of wings outside. Bored, I get out the bed and walks towards the balcony.

An even grander view of the night sky clouded my sight. The beautiful lights and lanters for my towns and villages below while bioluminescent creatures flying around was beautiful.

I look into the sky to see a fae flying above; looking like an angel as the moons shine on it's pale wings. The fae flys lower down the air and above the homes, coming closer to the palace. I feel the wind of his wings flapping as he nears.

"A late night fly?" I ask as he lands on the other side of my balcony, holding on to the stone while standing on the edge with his wings spread wide apart.

"Yes actually." Eden replys.

"You should be sleeping."

"And so should you, princess."

"I can't," I lean over the edge, closer to his bare chest.

"Why is that?" He leans in as well, smirking in a flirtatous manner while his muscles flex under the moonlight.

I lean back "Just can't, woke up and can't go back to sleep."

"Mhm, something keeping you up?" He tilts his head as he speaks.

"Nothing in particular."

"Are you sure? You walked off after the dinner without a word." When I don't respond he keeps talking. "What did you and the queen talk about before we got there? You were quiet almost the entire time."

"I just, didn't have anything to talk about."

"Something was keeping you quiet, what's wrong?"

"Nothing,"

"Stop lying-"

"I'm not lying Eden."

He stays silent while looking at me. "You're stressed Theodosia."

"I'm not."

He looks at me with the same 'you're lying' face as before. "You should get some rest."

"I already told you I can't and you should too; you're the one who's flying around instead of sleeping."

He smirks, "wanna come?"

"Pardon?"

"Fly."

"I can't fly." I state obnoxiously.

"I know that, I mean with me."

I stare at him likes he's crazy. "At this hour?"

"Well, it wouldn't be the first time we've done something at an awful hour." I smirk, remembering back when I encountered him in the Fey Forest and we went to his parents cafe for food in the middle of the night.

Eden climbs over the balcony and I take a step back "Come on," he extends his hand.

"Excuse me?"

"Relax," he turns around and opens his wings leaving his back bare. "Jump."

"You're crazy."

"You're lame, it's like a piggy back ride, just in the air." Eden turns back around and faces me "It'll feel amazing, it's exhilarating. You'll enjoy it, I promise."

"Just in the air" I mock "you say it like it's nothing."

"It is, it's just flying."

"Maybe for you fairies is nothing, casual flying. I don't know how."

"You don't have to know how, just get on my back."

I stay put and silent for a moment
"I promise, I got you."

Placing my hands on his shoulders and getting on his back in the space between his wings as his large, warm hands grip my thighs, keeping them in place around his torso.

His wings flap and I feel the strong breeze hit my face. "You ready?"

"Give me a head count."

"Okay," he stand up on the balcony railing. The veiw of the town below makes me nervous, I wrap my legs tigher around him. "One! Two-!" He immediately jumps off the building.

I scream at the sudden fall. The wind hits my face hard and my hair blows back. My arms wrap around Eden's shoulder in fear.

I look down to see the hard ground come closer and closer, he makes no move to stop the fall. "Eden!" I scream while closing my eyes.

Just before we hit the ground he flaps his wings swerving right above it, he flys above the ground and through the town. Eden swervs past carts and carriages, trying not to hit anything as people squeal in shock while stepping aside for the fae.

Eden flys above the buildings with speed, the town lanters and lights illuminating the veiw. The breeze feeling cooler against my face.

I feel the exhilaration Eden described earlier. Everything is peaceful for a moment.

And that moment was simply a moment, it didn't last long.

Eden flys farther away from the town below, passing more buildings and getting away from the palace.

We go towards more land, green trees and nature fill my veiw until he flys even higher, towards the clouds.

We fly into the clouds for a moment, my breathing is heavy. Heavier than Eden's even though he's doing all the work. "What are you doing?" I ask.

He lays back, his chest facing up while his wings face down. "Eden Luka!" I scream while struggling to keep myself wrapped around him.

"Relax princess." He calmly replys while prying my legs off him.

My limbs detach from his body as I feel myself falling from the sky. Everything comes at once. I'm too startled and terrified at the sudden fall to do anything.

All I do is scream "EDEN!"

☁︎ and she dies >:)