☁︎ 23

23 • tiara

I sigh, knowing this conversation was going to happen. Expecting the inevitable.

"And this whole new look of yours." She looks me up and down.

Frowning, "you don't like it?"

"I love it, short and dark hair. Trying to be like me now?"

"You wish" We laugh again. I've been wanting for everything to go back to normal, something like this. But now that I'm back with Tiara, it isn't what I thought it would be like.

I thought I'd be overfilled with happiness. I realise- things won't go back to normal, ever. At least not soon.

What am I going to do now?
Where am I going to go now?
What's going to happen to Eden, Leia and Lunelle?

I wasn't prepared for what would happen after I found Tiara.

"So I uh- what do you remember?" I begin.

"Well, running away from those people who destroyed our house, then I ran over here. That's it, just running away towards this town. I don't remember what happened in between, I didn't know where you went." She pauses for a moment. "So what happened? In between."

I take a deep breath, trying to collect my words.

"They were shooting at you. I was trying to stop them while protecting you at the same time so I just- I couldn't risk you getting hurt." my voice cracks and the tears threaten to spill "Told you to run and leave me, you wouldn't. So I uh- I- I used mind control to make you leave. To safety Tiara." I try to justify my actions.

She only stared at me with her arms crossed, no specific expression.

"Out of all the ways you could've handled the situation you chose to separate us? The only person we have left, each other?"

"I wasn't thinking! You're life was on the line and I needed you out of their at the moment but you wouldn't leave. So I made you."

"I thought you hated mind control. You said you'd never use it! You said it was an invasion of privacy, it wasn't right to enter someone's mind without consent like that-"

"I know. I still do but it was heat of the moment! I didn't know what else to do!" I cut her off.

"You know how lost I was! When it wore off I was stranded in the middle of this town, didn't know where I was with no one-"

"I know! I realise the moment I was alone how stupid it was." I put my hands in my hair "I'm sorry,"

"Don't be sorry it's just- you were stupid for that-"

I groan and fall back on the bed, covering my face with my hands as the tears come back to stain my cheeks.

I don't know why I'm crying, I shouldn't be.

"Don't cry," Tiara walks towards the bed and lays besides me. "Just, please don't do that again. Ever."

"It was terrifying." We say at the same time.

She wraps her arms around me as we cuddle on the bed for a minute.

"They don't know who I am."

"Huh?" Tiara shuffled back and faces me.

"Leia and Lunelle, the golden eyes twins, they know I'm Athena." Tiara looks at me surprised "they actually are the reason I changed my look-"

"Mmhm."

"Eden, the fay, he doesn’t. At least I don't think he does."

"Maybe he does, just hasn't said anything."

"That's what I think.... I think he's Moira though."

"Moira?" She raises her brows in even more surprises. I can't believe all this happened so quickly.

"Yeah, they look similar. Eyes, hair, body."

"But Moria didn't have wings." Tiara comments.

"Exaclty,"

"Also Moria wasn't anonymous like you. People know who his is, wouldn't like, I don't know. People notice, something?"

"I don't know."

Tiara nods her head in understanding, then gets up from the bed. "Let's get brunch."

"Hmm?"

"I'll tell my boss I have a family emergency, technically, and all of us can go out to eat. We still have a lot to talk about."

That's exactly what we did. Tiara changed out of her uniform and the five of us went to eat.

Me and Tiara continued our conversation about everything that has previously happened. Lunelle finding me almost dead in the forest. Leaving their cabin and meeting Eden. Working at the Fay Cafe then meeting Leia and Lunelle again, and everything else that happened in between. 

We also got to know the twins better, and Eden. They didn't feel like strangers or acquaintances anymore. Things were as I've been wishing them to be.