☁︎ 43

43 • a final battle •

She arches her brows in amusement, smirking at my threat with my own power swirling in her hand. "You are bold." She hisses "just like your father."

"What happened to him?"

"Oh he's fine-"

"What happened to him?" I ask again louder than before.

"He's still here."

"Where is he?"

"Here." We stare at each other for a few more short moments. "But I'll make sure you don't live to see him." Her words catch me off guard, with lightening speed she throws my green bolt at me.

Not able to react fast enough, Eden flys towards me with his wings spread far apart- blocking her attack.

His body pushes against me hard, his arms wrap around my body protectively as the bolt pushes us onto a stone wall then fall to the ground.

"You cannot fight the queen." He mumbles into my neck. He sits up and puts both of his legs on either side of me, straddling me, while holding my hands down on either side of me-  pinning me down to the floor. "Are you crazy?"

"Crazy runs in the family." 

"Stop it."

"Eden you don't understand-"

"I don't. I don't understand and I probably never will but please," he breaths in and out "don't you dare."

From the corner of my eye I see my friends standing on the sides of the breakfast table, between me and the queen, too scared to try anything.

"Is this not what you wanted? For me to-"

"No, I didn't, so I don't know where this is coming from. I did the spell on you so you can know where you're truly from. To learn from your past."

"Well I learned plenty." I pause for a moment, rolling my eyes then begininng to whisper "She wants me dead. She's threatened by me, she wants to get rid of me, have you not noticed? This entire time she's been doing it subtlety."

"What are you trying to do here?" He begs.

"Get off of me." I struggle under him, trying to release his grip.

He keeps me down with his own body weight and continues to try and calm me down "No."

"Eden-"

"Theodosia." His voice triggers a painful memory. The sound of my father wailing out in pain after his wife dies enters my mind. The sounds of chains wrangling and cries fills my ears.

He's in pain but he's still here. 

Everything that I previously learned flashes back, like a signal.

Don't forget.

Keep going.

You have something you're meant to do.

"Let go of me." I say calmly while refusing to make eye contact.

Eden lets go of my wrist, I sit up with my hands supporting my weight behind me while he still sits on my lap. He keeps looking at me, trying to figure something out, waiting to see if I'll try anything, again.

He places his palm on my cheeks and tilts my head up too look at him.

Eden stares at me for a moment, admiring or pondering- I don't know which. His face is close, kissable close. He's tense.

He arches a brow, daring me to do something- an attractive look of dominance- giving me the look that if I were anyone, else I'd be intimidated.

But I'm not.

I know him. I've seen a sweet and gentle side of him that you wouldn't think he'd have. Which is why I'm not intimidated. So I won't listen to him.

He gets off of me and steps aside, everyone else coming into veiw once again.

"You really think I'll let you live?" I hear the queen speak in my mind. "I need you gone."

"Our apologies-" Lunelle tries to settle everything.

A little too late for that. She never planned on letting me live in the first place and she definitely won't now. I only stare at her, waiting for her to make the first move,

And this time, she does.

With an unknown force she grabs me from the front and pulls me against the table while knocking things down.

"Stop it!" Tiara yells.

The queen instructs the guards "Take them." Suddenly tall, large feys and elves grab Tiara, Eden, Leia and Lunelle by the arms and drags them away. She doesn't bother to watch them, her eyes remain glued to me "This is between me and my neice."

They all struggle against, "Theo!" My sister yells.

I rather them leave the scene. I don't want them to be here in fear of them getting hurt, but hearing Tiara struggle is agonizing.

"THEODOSIA! You can't do this by yourself!" I don't reply. I try not to even look at her already feeling a mix of selfishness and guilty. "Stop fighting alone! Stop thinking you're alone, you're not! Stop pushing people out! I'm your sister!"

I'm your sister.

"Sister? Oh please." Queen Bruna scoffs. "You're not family."

"What?" I shoot her a deadly glare while using telekinesis to stop the guards from escorting them out. "You may have not felt anything towards your brother. You might have not felt bad by stealing the thrown for your own selfish desires. You might not have loved him, but I do. I love my sister, and I care about family."

I grip the guards tight and throw them into the palace hallway, locking them out leaving the queen without her royal protection. "Where is he?" I ask once again.

My father was a free man, and ruler of this kingdom which I know now the truth- unlike everyone else in this kingdom.

He lost so much the day he lost his love.

I saw him in the village days ago. I remember him also being grabbed by the royal guards the day I got captured, so the queen has to have him.

"You know." She smirks.

I send them a telepathic message, he's locked in the dungeon, go get him.

I'm staying with you. I hear Eden's voice, I forget he's an absorber, he absorbed my telepathic abilities.

I look over to Tiara whos nodding her head no, she won't leave me here either.

Lunelle runs out the room with his sister right behind, I already know where they're going. Thank you. The twins run out the room to rescuing the king.

"Where were we?"

"I don't want to fight you." I tell her, I only attacked her because she was choking my sister.

She smiles "But I do, and my brother can watch."