☁︎︎ 15

15 • Caught

I bolted.

Running. Once again running for my life. 

When will it end?

I swerve past long vines and thin branches of trees attempting not to disturb nature.

I run as far and out away as I possibility can, not using my superspeed.

I can't use all my powers, I mean I can, but I'm scared. He doesn't know who I am. I assume. And I want to keep it that way. So I have once chance to use one power, and keep it at that.

I look back for a split second to see if he or anyone was behind me, he wasn't, the same second I look forward he's right in front of me and I bump into his chest.

Before he could grab ahold of me I run the opposite way, and somehow, magically, he's in front of me in the speed of light once again.

I bump into his hard chest and stumble a bit. He aggressively presses his crossbow against my chest and pushes me back against a tree. His body leaning closely towards mine.

"It's your safest bet." He repeats. I say nothing and only look into his eyes in frustration. "A quick stop?" He says again as if he's attempting to rephrasing it. 

"At this hour?" I sarcastically laugh.

"You're the one who's wandering around an enchanted forest at this hour."

He's not wrong.

"Are you hungry?" He asks.

I don't remember the last time I actually ate honestly. The twins offered me food but they'd already healed my wounds, given me clothes and shelter. I had nothing to give to them in return and I felt bad continuously taking.

I lift my chin up and stare into his gray eyes, him still being pressed up against me.

"Let me go please." I whisper, looking into his chest this time, not his captivating eyes.

"I can't do that."

His grip weakens but only slightly. I take it as my chance to break free.

Grasp his arm forcefully and twisting the skin he cries out in agony and releases me.

I lift my knee up rapidly and kick him in his gut. He groans and bends down, holding his stomach in pain.

I begin to run away but don't make in any farther than 5 feet away from him as four stone walls surround me.

I continuously turn around. Confused.

The forest around me suddenly disappears and I'm surrounded by red bricks. I push on the walls but it's useless.

"I have nothing! Just let-"

"I'm not asking for anything. Just follow me." I hear his voice from outside this brick cube I'm trapped in "Would you rather me kill you?"

My breathing is heavy, it's all I could hear.

"Don't worry about any returns." The moment those works come out of his mouth the walls fade away and the previous scenery falls before me once again.

"You can keep running and I will keep catching you. If not me than another fae that won't hesitate to imprison an intruder." He walks towards me with his crossbow at his side.

He walks away and cocks his head to the side, indicating me to follow him.

This time I don't run away and I dont fight back. He turns back and looks at me up and down, checking, then turns away and continues walking. I follow, unsure as to why.

Maybe it's because I've heard the dangers of the Fey Forest.

It was heard all over about the priceless, valuable and ancient treasure in the land. These type of treasures are also located in mermaid infested waters and are heavily protected by the aquatic creatures there.

So I know Moira wasn't lying about staying with him would be my safest bet. Maybe that's why I followed him without question.

Perhaps I subconsciously feared what would happen, and I felt a sense of protection and safety with a fae.

Besides, Fey's can't lie. Or so I've been told. They’ve become masters of language to twist their words around.

In this moment I didn't feel that this Fey was lying.

Tonight, it seems that my feet have a mind of their own because by the time I cleared my head we had gotten to a closed cafe.

Moira twisted one of the lanterns hanging outside the post and it lit up.

He entered a passcode to the front double doors and I was able to see the blurry screen rising.

He holds the door open for me and I walk in, waiting for him to enter. He flips a switch that turns almost everything on; the lights and television, then goes behind the counter.

"My parents own this cafe." He suddenly becomes kind.

"It's nice." I sit down on a floating stool on the other side of the counter.

I look around, it was medium size and had a nice aesthetic too it. Classy yet rustic and old.

Warm lights and the smell of cocoa made it cute and cozy. Different types of plants hung from the ceiling. The floors are perfectly polished wood. With a wooden staircase and what looks like a lounge and library loft above.

He gives a boyish grin, "Along with the shop downtown."

"The shop downtown, you work there?"

"Somewhat, I close up at night and set up in the morning. Which was when I saw your pretty face last night."

I arch a brow, too busy wondering what does he do throughout the day to fully acknowledge his little compliment.

"I work at the tailor uptown."

Did he hear my thoughts?

"How's that?" I ask.

"It's nice."

"You into clothing... fashion?"

"Yeah, I haven't gotten serious about it though. I just see it as a job for extra cash, you know?"

He washes his hands and comes back. "Anyways what would you like?"

For a moment I just stare. He was previously cold and aggressive in the forest but now he's... well the opposite.

"Um..."

"Menus over there and up here." He points to a stack at the end of the glass counter and the chalkboard above.

"Okay." I look up. While thinking, he makes a dreadful statement.

"I never got your name."