☁︎︎ 16

16 • Eden

"I never got your name."

Shit. How do I answer?

Do I give my real name? Do I make one up? People now know me as Athena so maybe it wouldn't matter if I give my true name.

Before I could respond I hear something familiar on the television. Saved momentarily. I swivel around and look at the flat screen on the tan colored wall.

My heart drops when I hear what's on the news.

A feminine voice talks about a search party for Athena while showing pictures of the queen in front of the castle and soldiers in certain places of the kingdom.

"Queen Bruna still has the royal guards scaping the kingdom for Athena.

"Few citizens claim the woman as a threat after the dangerous burst at the Golden State Arena while others deem her as a saviour, a protector. The kingdom is currently in quite the predicament as protest in-"

The t.v screen goes black and my heart sinks.

I turn back to Moira who puts away the remote and leans on the counter with both hands, his toned muscles flexing under the warm light.

"That's all that's been on the news for the past week, Athena." He rolls his eyes.

"Yeah..." I look back at the screen.

"Anyways do you know what you'd like?" He changes the topic. Thank you. I actually don't know but I just ask for the first appealing thing I see, not wanting to be annoying and take too long.

"And to drink?"

"You have pink lemonade?"

"We have every drink you'd like Miss."

"Thank you." I smile at him. He turns around and starts making my order.

I get a clear view of his wings from the back, I stare at them in admiration. "So, your name?" He ask again.

I take a deep breath, "Theodosia." I say without thinking.

What the fuck is wrong with me.

"Theodosia." He repeats "That's a beautiful name." He compliments as he looks back at me over his shoulder.

"Thank you. And yours?" I ask, not wanting to assume it's Moira.

"Eden."

Oh. "Eden?"

"Yup." He places a glass of the pink lemonade I asked for. "As in the garden?"

He chuckles and rolls his eyes. "Theodosia as in..?"

I laugh at him. "Theodosia as in nothing, it's only me."

He laughs too, dropping his head then pushing his hair back. A few moments later a ding is heard from the kitchen, he turns around and gets the food. "So, why are you here? Traveling? Visiting?"

"Both. Traveling and visiting a friend."

"Is the friend your visiting the person you're looking for?" He ask as he places a white plate with the food in front of me.

Ooh, he can cook.

It looks and smells amazing. "Thank you so much."

"No problem."

"And, um, no I was visiting someone else but the person I'm looking for is my sister. We separated about two days ago and I have no idea where she is."

Saying it out loud made me feel guilty. Their were so many other ways I could've protected her and handled the situation.

I just didn't want her in my mess.

Eden doesn't ask any further questions about it, I'm glad. I continue to eat and he just wipes down the already clean counter with a rag. "So where are you staying?"

I feel so pathetic.

"I was staying with my friend but I left, and now I don't, necessarily have a... place..." I drop my head.

"There's a Inn near by, travelers mainly stay there. I can get you a room if you'd like."

"I-"

"No charge." I look up at him, he bites his lower lip and arches a brow waiting for an answer. "But since your so prominent on paying back, you can work at one of my parents businesses."

A moment of comfortable silence falls before us.

"Really?"

"Yeah." He shrugs.

"Yes!" I smile at him. For a moment it feels like things are going okay. "Thank you."

"It's really no problem at all." He smiles and looks down, his light brown almost dirty blond hair covering his forehead.

After I finish my food I stopped by a small shop to get some cheap clothing for tomorrow.

Eden takes me to the nearby Inn in his village. I use the large key to open the oak door with flowing carvings in it and see a small cozy room.

A bathroom and closet are on either side when I walk through. A large wooden bed sits on the right with a television in front of it. Under the t.v is a dresser and minifridge, and next to it is a desk. At the end of the room is a balcony with two sliding glass doors and thick curtains covering.

I take a deep breath in appreciation.

I have to wake up early tomorrow to start my shift at the cafe. Eden went through a few things but I'm getting the main rundown tomorrow morning.

I'm so nervous.

☁︎︎ i got the name of the mc from hamilton . ' dear theodosia ' u should listen to the song if you haven't already
( it has nothing to do with the story , its just really nice )