☁︎︎ 20

• 20 • into the woods •

None of us stop running except Eden.

I'm not sure if Leia and Lunelle noticed, but they didn't stop for him.

I did.

"What are you doing Eden!" My voice cracks as I scream.

"Keep running!"

Thoes exact words trigger a horrific and painful memory.

"Tiara!" I stop and look at her, being to use my manipulation ability. Her eyes fading to a milky white. "Keep running. Don't stop until your safe, and don't turn back for me."

We stared at each other for one more moment.

Her eyes turned back to blue. She takes one last glance at me before speeding away.

"No!" I reach out for Eden.

"I'll catch up!"

"I'm not leaving you!" I know this situtation all too well. I only imagine the result of me saving myself and running off will lead to only being split apart, not seeing each other again for an unknown amount of time. I fear that outcome far too much to let it happen.

Although I've only known him for a week, I've managed to get attached too quick. His generosity and flirtatious behavior made me enjoy the short time with him more than I should've.

"Theodosia, just go!" His muscular arms begins to flex, slight veins appear as he stretches vines from the trees and create new ones from the ground, forming a barrier between us and the guards coming our way.

I could help him, after learning my lesson I could solve this perdicament differently than before. And easily. The problem now is that I'm not with the only person who knew I had multiple powers. I'm with Eden, who doesn't know my identity.

At least I think.

And I don't know what he'd do if he found out. Would he react the same as the people in town or would he be kind like the twins?

If I pick a power now, for the sake of keeping Athena hidden I'd have to keep using that power for the time being. I can't use my green energy, it's the power Athena was known for. It's too familiar.

Eden ends up creating a tall and long wall that separates us and the royal guards.

He absorbed the earth element from the trees.

He saved us some time.

Everything becomes calm and silent for a moment, through the thick barrier we're unable to hear the guards yelling. 

"Come on," he holds my hand and begins running down the same path. Leia and Lunelle come into veiw, with expressions of surprise as they look up at the wall.

"Are you guys coming?" Eden ask.

"No." I introject.

"Yes, we are." Leia responds.

I look at her as if she grew another head. "It's not safe."

"Exactly, which is why you should bring us."

"Exactly why we shouldn't! If anything happens to you guys-"

"Nothing with happen!" She slowly raises her voice. 

"You don't know that Leia!" I feel an adusting grip on my hand along with a small nudge backwards.

I look down too my feet as I feel my back come into contact with Eden's muscular chest, his touch calming me down. "Leia if anything happens to you- that's on me." I manage to make eyecontact with her. "I already have my sister's on me, I don't want either of yours."

"We can protect ourselves Theodosia." She steps forward and I almost flinch.

She notices.

"Let us help you."

I take a deep breath, pondering the situation. Leia won't drop this, from the moment I met her I knew she was stubborn. Forcefully assisting me.

I only nod, she gets it and smiles.

"Then let's go find your sister."

☁︎ while editing this part their were so many grammar mistakes and typos, but like this entire story is filled with errors so >:)