☁︎ 35

35a different offer

"You two ladies will be presented first." Berilo turns around towards the girls. "Theodosia you'll be last and her royal majesty will follow. When you hear your name, step out."

"Okay."

He immediately walks off down the hallway, leaving the three of us alone and confused.

"Miss. Leia Pratt." We hear from the other side. Leia jumps at the call of her name as the two golden double doors are opned for her.

A spotlight shines on her dark skin, glowing like a diamond under the white light.

All the guest heard from below applaud as one of the staff hold their arm for her and escort Leia downstairs.

"I'm next right? Ooh I'm scared." She grabs my hand and shakes it as she clicks her heels against the floor.

The lights upon the stairs dim as they call out for my older sister "Tiara Ryan."

She looks at me scared, then collects herself as the spotlight returns and shines bright above her. The very faint sparkles sprinkled around her perfectly tailored dress shimmer under the light. She flicks her loosly curled dark hair back and walks down the stairs following Leia.

Tiara so easily and quickly masked her fear the moment she stepped out into the spotlight with a pearly white smile. I looked up to her for those type of memorable qualities. That type of confidence was what I always aspired and sometimes, if I'm honest, envied.

"Theodosia Ryan." My name was called out as I stood alone on the sides. No ones hand to hold like Tiara help mine. No ones wings to cover me like Eden. I was facing the crowd alone.

I took a deep breath in and out and step out to the ballroom balcony. The spotlight painfully brightened, I fought the erge not to cringe and quint my eyes.

Adjusting quickly to the light I looked around the ballroom from the elevated ground as all the guest put their hands together and applauded my appearance.

I heard Tiara, Leia, Lunelle and Eden clapping their hands extra loudly than the other, grabbing my attention. The sight of my friends eased my nervousness.

And the pale winged fae in a suit was a sight for sore eyes.

The trance was broken when one of the staff came up to me with an open arm and helped me walk down the wide flight of stairs in this large dress and high heels.

When I got to the bottom floor I immediately made my way to my group, I greeted Lunelle and Eden as we waited for the queen presence.

"You look gorgeous." Eden compliments as he wraps an arm loosly around my waist.

"You cleaned up nicely yourself." My arms reach up to his collar and smooth it down with my hands.

"Just nice?"

"Very nice." I cheese, he then raises a hand to my cheek and brushes it softly with his thumb.

"Your sister said you had spoke with the queen privately." Eden leans down and whispers "and that you passed out right after. What happened?"

"Had a headache."

"Stop lying" Eden always knows "you slept for almost an entire day-"

"I'm fine now." I smile and nod my head to reassure him. "Okay?"

He still looks unsure, he doesn't want to drop it "She didn't do anything to you right?" He refers to the queen.

"I don't know."

His face is immediately covered in worried "What? You think-"

"She gave me something to drink and that's when I started feeling it. I was sweating, my throat and head was pounding-"

"You said it was just a headache."

"And you knew I was lying, so."

"How are you now?" He ask.

I lay my head on his chest for comfort and place my arms loosely on his torso "I'm tired."

His hand then reaches for my head and massages gently, being careful to ruin my hair. "We can always leave early,"

I look up at Eden and he looks down at me with his mischievous gray eyes, implying to sneak out the party. "Already?"

He smiles, knowing I'm already in. "Later, after the food."

I let out a quiet laugh and lay my head back down on his chest as the royal queen is called. "Introducing her royal majesty, Queen Bruna."

Everyone including myself claps for her entrance. She walks in with a large silver gown that sparkles under the spotlight. As she gracefully walks down the steps her silver, dimond cape trails behind her.

The music starts playing and everyone beings to walks around and cover the entire ballroom. I look over to the queen as she starts greeting and conversing with the guest.

"Your tables." A centuar grabs our attention and indicates we follow him to our table. We sit and get tended to as well as the others, being served endless amounts of delicious foods.

The queen makes her rounds to greet everyone and the party continues. Many guest spoke to us, everyone else seemed to continue conversations easier than I did. They guest were tense with me, but I'm not surprised due to my new found reputation.

I'm not nervous or afraid of the people and what they'd do to me, although I realised I've become very scared of people in public and any ill intentions they carry; but all my feelings were swallowed away by my tiredness. I wanted to leave and lay down in my bed more than anything.

I was standing with Eden, talking to an elderly man who is a former fighter. As he spoke endless I look across the ballroom towards a frail looking woman wearing a long cloak.

My attention snaps away when I hear the man compliment. "You two are the greatest fighters of this time, in my opinion your battle was phenomenal although others may object."

"Thank you." Eden responds with a charming smile.

"Two powerful fighters, you guys make a lovely couple." The old man takes a sip of his champagne.

"Oh-" I laugh.

"Thank you once again sir." Eden cuts me off and takes the compliment.

"Well, I'll be going now, don't want to keep you two busy- you probably have plenty of other guest to speak with. Have a splendid evening." He walks away while drinking more of his bubbling drink.

"Lovely couple?" I look up at Eden and smile "you weren't going to tell him?"

"Why ruin it?" He smirks.

"Mmhm," I look around, trying to find the cloaked woman again but she's nowhere to be seen.

"Looking for someone?"

"I saw a familiar looking woman across the room while that man was talking but I can't see her anymore."

"She's probably around here. Did you want to talk to her?" He asks.

"Kind of," I look back at him. "Can I take the offer of sneaking out now?"

Eden looks at me with that same mishevous and playful look- I guess it was true what they say about feys.

I didn't realise what I had asked for until I found myself and Eden playing and running down a large empty castle hallway. The sounds of my heels clicking against glossy floor was mixed with the echos of our laughter.