☁︎ 38

• 38 • that mysterious woman

Feeling the fast wind against my skin, my hair blowing against it, felt like freedom.

I fell a few feet down backwards, not even a full second later Eden immediately swoars down to catch me. His wings expanded rapidly and he flys face down towards my body.

Relaxed, I open my arms for him as he wraps his around my body just before we hit the ground.

I giggle while facing up and he looks at me like I'm crazy. "What the hell?"

"What?" I ask innocently as I place one hand on his cheek and trace my thumb across his skin.

"You did that on purpose."

"Clearly."

"What is wrong with you." He states.

"Was it scary?"

"No shit Theodosia." For once he looks distraught.

"That's how it feels." I releases myself from his grip and stand up from the rocky ground.

I walk away down a flower path towards the village. I turn back and see Eden looking very stressed, but when I face forward he's walking right in front of me. "How do you do that?"

"Fey magick princess." He looks over his shoulder and winks.

••

We enter a cabots shop filled with different types of enchanted crafting tools.

Eden walks in, making sure to keep his wings closed so he doesn't knock anything down and goes straight for a tall shelf of stones and crystals charging.

"What are we getting?" I ask.

"I need specific crystals," he looks up the shelf concentrated.

"Which kind?"

"Mainly lapis... might get some protection and others though."

"Why would I need protection crystals?" I ask curiously and a bit nervous.

He senses my unease, looks away from the shelf and to me. "Just to be extra, we don't need it but we could use it." he hold my hand and walks around an isle.
"I'm not putting you in danger sweetheart, but if you feel-"

"No," I stop him before he gives me the option of backing out. "I wanna do it, hurry up."

"Okay, bossy." He reaches up a pulls out a purple-ish, deep blue colored gem with tiny golden flecks. "Lapis is one of the oldest spiritual stones known. It has multiple abilities and purposes but we need this to stimulate inner vision." He looks at me after his long explanation, checking to see if I understand or not.

"You better understand that."

"I do understand actually."