☁︎ 24

24 • again •

The five of us were talking as we exited the resturant. We were simply getting to know each other, putting off the dreadful conversation.

The after part.

As we walked- distracted, a tall darkskinned man rushed out of a store in distress- unaware of his surroundings and bumped into me. "Apologies." I stumbled back into Eden's chest.

The man appeared much older with flat dark curly hair, full lips and brown eyes that stared at me in complete shock.

Eden's wings expanded very slightly, I noticed every time he does that it's a sense of protection.

"What's your name?" The man asked desperately.

Eden held my hand and look over to my sister and the twins who didn't notice and were too intrigued at pottery on display in front of a store.

"I'm sorry sir." I tried to walk away but he grabbed my wrist and held me back. Eden's wings immediately expanded, making his frame look much larger and intimidating while catching the attention of others and stepped in front of me.

The man stumbled back "Theodosia?" he said with wide eyes, almost pleading.

Eden looked surprised. "You know him?"

Ignoring Eden's question I look directly at the man from behind Eden's body "How do you know my-?"

"You look just like her-" He looked like he wanted to mention something, something of most importance but he didn't have time.

This time it came unexpected.

They didn't make a grand entrance this time, smart. They came in casually. A few horses were parked around the street but were easily disgusted as common folk carriages, no symbols, signs or flags of royalty were on display to show their status.

They were walking around the entire time, we just didn't notice. It wasn't until one shouted where all attention was captured.

Tiara looked back at me immediately, knowing exactly what was going on. She reached out for me in the mess of the crowd as everyone made way.

I backed away, ready to bolt but someone was behind me. And it wasn't Eden. It was a harsh and aggressive grasp.

They'd surrounded me in plain sight.

The people on the street had ran away. Some had left completely while others kept their distance, watching the scene before them.

I immediately fought back, Tiara tried to fight her way towards me but a guard was holding her as well.

I heard Eden grunting, fighting one of the guards but we were all out numbered. Each one of us had serveral guards to attain us.

They knew.

They knew we were all together. 

Attempting to reach Eden, the only one who was more free than the rest, they tied his wings back as he let out an ear pitching scream of pure agony.

I know what I'm capable of. I know how easily I'd be able to fight all of them all and rescue my sister and new found friends.

But I'm surround by people. The people of this kingdom. The guards already know I'm Athena, and they made my presence crystal clear. If I were to use my powers again, It'll seem like another outburst.

I'll seem like the threat again. The same thing as what happened at the Golden State Arena.

I couldn't have that again.
That same fear. Chaos.

I felt a sharp, strong pain on the side of my neck and thigh, but I didn't stop. I continued to resist, reaching for my sister who had gotten tied up. The twins who had been separated. Eden, who was pinned to the ground.

Everything I was afraid of was happening right in front of me.

"Let her go! That's-" I hear someone scream, looking over I see the unknown man from before being dragged away.

After so long of struggling everything around me became blurry. I felt myself lowering onto the ground, the strong hold on my body of the guards still standing.

I heard my name being called out by Tiara's ear renching yells.

My head forefully hit the ground beneath my feat, causing everything to black out.

☁︎ i wanna finish this story before school starts . if not than before the end of the 2020, so i can work on something else for 2021

(if i make it 😛 hee hee)