☁︎ 5

· 5 · exposed ·

Me and Tiara part once we get to the plaza. I watch from a distance as people of all ages, colors and species converse.

The crowd makes there way into the stadium. Groups of people wearing different flags and colors of their supporting players and elements. Carrying drinks and snacks. Posters, banners and yellow / orange floating lanterns hang around the entire city.

I see large amounts of people wearing gold and green. I mentally smile at my representation.

I also see equally as many people wearing reflective clothing, grey and white.

Athena vs Moira is not the only battle of today, there's more but I'm aware of the other fighters colors, logos, flags and patterns. Reflective white and grey was one that I wasn't familiar with. I can only assume those people are here supporting Moira.

I take a deep breath. Somehow I'm intimidated yet I haven't seen him yet. Maybe because of his reputation.

I walk farther away and mask my face, entering a private section of the arena to my room and making sure no one was following.

My stylist gets me ready as I stand on a pedestal, attaching my new, nicer uniform and armor on.

I walk down a large tunnel the smell of rusty metal in fills the air. The evening Saturday sun shining through the gate at the end.

My team is already on the sidelines with all there equipment. They smile at me and nod their head when I reach the gate.

A mixture of noises flood my ears. Chanting, cheering, stomping, talking and loud drums. The voice on the speaker begins talking.

I look straight ahead, trying to see from across the circular field to the other fence; where my opponent should walk out of, but all I see is a silhouette.

I look up to the seats surrounding a full 360°. Photographers and media crew in the front row. Security in each staircase and level.

The noise was lower when the announcer was talking but when the horn blows the crowd went wild. I take several steps back from the gate as it slowly rises.

The crowd quiets down in anticipation, because the gates have opened yet neither of the fighters have come out yet.

After a moment, I decide to make the first move and sprint, blasting a bolt of energy forward. At the same time Moria runs out to the side to dodge it, leaving a trail of gray smoke behind.

He's wearing all black, but with reflective outline. Mirror glasses covering his eyes.

He throws the same energy bolts at me and I run to dodge them. The crowd screams loudly.

I'm filled with the urge to use my other powers. A temptation I get often, but I fight it off and try to think of something else to do in such little time.

We circle around each other, waiting for each others move.

I swing out my right arm and throw a bolt, trying to get something out of him, but he simply switches directions to dodge and the green light I created floats in the air.