☁︎ 47

47the ending

Everyone takes a seat at the end of the table, the only chair left for me was the one nearest to Jordyn, so there I sat.

Next the my father that I just met.

"That necklace," he points out to the pendant hanging off my collarbone "that was your mother's."

"Yeah... that's where I got it from." I mumble to myself while fidgeting with the jewelry peice I've had ever since.

"She gave it to you when you were born." He smiles.

For a moment I'm surprised on how easily he opened up and accepted that I was his daughter, but I should've known. He knew I was his daughter before I did and how much I resemble my mother, his wife.

Of course his would recognize his own child.

"We have a lot to discuss, don't we?" He says as the waiters pour water into the glass cups in front of us.

And that's what we did the entire lunch, I barley ate. Even though everyone else had an appetite after the fight, mine was gone..

I told him all about my life in the Golden State City and how I grew up, with Tiara sharing our memories in between.

The twins opened up as well, we learned about their family. Both of their parents were back in there home land, they decided to move to this kingdom a few years ago, they've been on their own since.

Eden as well, about his multiple jobs at the arena and his parents shop. I learned that both of his parents are present in that same town, and he has a younger sister and older brother.

After getting to know each other personally, a conversation we all should've and needed to have, we moved onto a more serious discussion.

All my questions were finally answered and I felt a presence of peace, finally.

"Now, I feel as I should do what I should've done years ago." The king begins.

"Excuse me?" I look around.

"Be there for my daughter." He sets his utensils aside in a certain format as he continues to talk. "You are the princess of this kingdom, you are also my only heir. After me... the kingdom falls in your hands." He speaks calmly, as if he didn't drop such a big peice of information on me.

"Damn." Lunelle mumbles while shoving a roll in his mouth.

He notices my sense of unease and quickly corrects himself "of course not right now! After years of missed education we have a long way to go but, I need you to remember where you belong."

I don't blame him what so ever, I'm his only heir and he's an older man. Once the time comes their will be no one else to take the thrown, and his sister definetly isn't the person anyone wants to rule.

"What about, everything else...?"

"What do you mean?"

"Tiara and I have school back in the city. Dylan, we left Dylan, and the house-" I look at Tiara who meets my eyes with furrowed brows, then look back at the king "and Eden's job, Leia and Lunelle? What about, everything from before?"

He doesn't respond at first, none of them do. Eden doesn't answer but he presses his foot against my shoe, knowing his physical touch calms me.

"It's time." Tiara says sweetly, that same older sister tone she always used on me when she broke bad news.

We know what she means, at least I do. Time to move on. The hope of going back is long gone, it's always been. I just never wanted to admit it to myself.

"Their's nothing left for us back there."

The entire room stays silent for a moment, even Lunelle stops chewing his food to look around with a sad expression.

"What about them?" I look at the king and point my head in the other direction, where my friends sit patiently.

He looks at me sympathetically and replys with a kind voice "They can stay."

Lunelle breaths very loudly, "Thank you." Eden and Tiara laugh at his comment while Leia looks irritated with her brother.

"And the kingdom?"

"Yes, the kingdom."

"They know me as a fighter at the arena, their's so much to face. To organize and solve-"

"Well then we begin when you're ready. They'll meet their princess." King Jordyn nods his head "and the future queen."